General Position Summary:
Responsible for providing diagnostic ultrasound exams for the radiologists and cardiologists to interpret.
Essential Functions / Major Responsibilities:
● Reviews prior exams on scheduled patients.
● Preps equipment and room for exams.
● Performs diagnostic ultrasound exams.
● Transports patients.
● Completes worksheets.
● Consults with radiologists and cardiologists on patient diagnosis and care.
● Coordinates invasive procedures.
● Assists radiologists and cardiologists with ultrasound guides.
● Displays proper etiquette and mannerisms that reflect the SHINE Behavior Standards.
● Promotes the Patient Safety Standards as a core value of the organization.
● Takes “on-call” status when required.
● Participates in departmental and hospitalwide informational meetings and inservices, including staff meetings, hospitalwide forums, and seminars.
● Reviews department and hospitalwide policies and procedures annually.
● All other duties as assigned.
Additional / Seasonal Responsibilities:
This job involves:
● Recurring work situations with occasional variations from the norm.
● A high level of complexity.
● Typical operation from established and well-known procedures.
● Performance of duties under independently-minimal supervision.
● Are normally made with others both inside and outside the hospital.
● Are made with own department, staff, and supervisor as well as other departments and locations.
● Frequently contain confidential/sensitive information necessitating discretion at all times.
● Include face-to-face and telephone contact, with little-to-no e-mail.
● Include contact with staff, patients, and physicians.
Specific Job Skills & Mental Activities:
This position requires operational knowledge of all office equipment in the Diagnostic Imaging department, including: fax, printer, phone systems, computer, and commonly used hospital computer programs (including Hospital Information Systems, MS Office, e-mail, and internet). Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English. Must also be service oriented and have excellent customer service skills, computer skills, problem-solving skills, organizational skills, multitasking skills, professional interpersonal skills, time management skills, the ability to prioritize work, and telephone etiquette.