The following are minimum requirements related to the Team Leader, Laboratory Sciences position.
About the Company:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) or equivalent in a scientific or related discipline.
- 4 to 6 years related experience in biology, chemistry/pharmacy, or similar lab environment or must have demonstrated full knowledge of competencies and positive performance at the previous level.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills, effective communication skills, and leadership/ supervisory skills.
- Proficient in technical skills and the operation of data collection equipment.
- Knowledge of GLPs and other federal regulations and guidelines.
- Understanding of routine and complex study design and protocols.
- Knowledge of math to calculate and prepare dosing preparations/Formulations.
- Must be able to perform effectively as a team member, accurately record data, follow verbal and written instructions, communicate effectively, and interact in a professional manner with management, coworkers, and sponsors.
- Able to quickly learn and utilize computer programs as needed; previous computer experience preferred.
- Able to organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe.
Our collective efforts as One Charles River are the key to our success, and we know that every person is important. Every day, each of us plays a critical role in making a difference in the quality of people's lives.
From our animal technicians and security guards to our business managers and executive team, we’re working together to support better, safer and more effective research.
We are seeking an experienced Team Leader, Laboratory Sciences for our Safety Assessment site located in Reno, NV.
This position will be responsible for providing leadership, technical guidance, and mentorship to less experienced staff while assisting department management with oversight and daily supervision of technical personnel. This position will also serve as a lead/primary technician and perform technical duties.