The following are minimum requirements related to the Senior Research Scientist position.
About the Company:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a scientific related discipline required. Related Master’s degree or PhD/DVM preferred.
- Minimum of 9 to 12 years related experience in the contract research, academic, or pharmaceutical industry.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Certification as appropriate for specialty preferred.
- Must have a full understanding of regulatory requirements of study types assigned, as well as Testing Facility SOPs and the Good Laboratory Practices (GLPs), as appropriate.
- Must have knowledge of applicable international guidelines for all types of studies.
- Must demonstrate leadership skills as they pertain to intra- and interdepartmental initiatives, Sponsor interactions, and business development.
- Must have effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have the ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize work, and meet deadlines.
- Proficiency in the use of standard software including Microsoft® Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc. is required.
- Must be proficient with standard laboratory calculations.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe.
Our collective efforts as One Charles River are the key to our success, and we know that every person is important. Every day, each of us plays a critical role in making a difference in the quality of people's lives.
From our animal technicians and security guards to our business managers and executive team, we’re working together to support better, safer and more effective research.
We are seeking a Senior Research Scientist for our Safety Assessment site located in Spencerville, OH.
The Senior Research Scientist will serve as a scientist in the conduct of assigned nonclinical research studies at all levels of complexity, to include study management, interpretation and recording of study data, and assuring the regulatory compliance of these projects, as appropriate. Additionally, you may serve as a primary scientific contact for key clients and the on-site support of their programs, as well as the support of special studies. In a typical day, you will be expected to function independently as a study director in the direction and execution of assigned studies in compliance with GLP regulations as they apply to the conduct of nonclinical research, participate in the proposal management and bid development process, coordinate all phases of the study planning process, design preclinical studies, and generate high-quality protocols, amendments, and reports. You will also be expected to provide oversight of the laboratory and mentor technical staff, review reports for peers, provide technical and scientific guidance to research staff, and attend and present at scientific meetings, conferences, and training courses to maintain a scientific presence and visibility in areas of individual expertise. You may also be required to interview and select qualified exempt-level departmental personnel, manage personnel actions (hiring, promotions, raises, disciplinary actions, monitor performance, coaching, counseling, prepare and deliver annual performance and salary reviews, etc.), ensure optimum performance of group function, and all other related duties, as assigned.