- M.S./Ph.D. in Analytical Chemistry or Material Science background. GPA 3.3 or higher is required. Experience with material science characterization is a plus.
- Hands-on expertise on ICP-OES or ICP-MS is required.
- Demonstrated expertise in analytical chemistry (a record of scientific publications preferred)
- Experience in an environmental testing lab or industrial testing lab environment is preferred.
- Must have successful experiences on developing and delivering analytical methods/SOPs.
- In-depth understanding of wet chemistry methods
- Good mathematical skills and familiarity with calculations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge and familiarity with Six Sigma, 5S practices, and process improvement is a plus.
- Familiarity with MiniTab or JMP is a plus.
- Preferred: Experience with come combination of - AAS, XRF, and secondary specialties on material characterization techniques such as chemisorption, BET Surface Area Analyzer, and SEM.
IMPORTANT - IF INTERESTED AND QUALIFIED PLEASE ANSWER THE BELOW QUESTIONS
1. Why are you looking for a new position?
2. What is your current (or most current) salary?
3. What are you looking for in terms of salary in order to make a move? (a range is fine)
4. Are you comfortable commuting to Teterboro, NJ area?
5. Do you possess strong experience with ICP-OES and/or ICP-MS?
6. Have you had any published scientific publications? (not a must)
7. Do you have experience working in an environmental or industrial testing lab?
Please send your word .doc formatted resume and answers to the above questions to:
[Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
Your resume will be held with strict confidence and will NEVER be forwarded to any of our clients without your permission.
If you are NOT interested or unqualified, please send us a referral. This is an immediate and urgent need for our valued client and therefore, we are offering a $1000.00 refer-a-friend fee to anyone who leads us to a candidate who is hired for this position.
HireSource recruiters are dedicated to working with the finest technical professionals throughout the country. We know the market. We know the hiring managers. We have the knowledge, resources, and contacts to make your search more complete and efficient. Whether you are looking for more opportunity, a shorter commute, better benefits, or a higher salary, we’re the best chance there is to uncovering that position you never even knew was available.
Analytical Chemist – Strong ICP experience required
This is a “perm" / direct-hire opportunity with a very stable organization who offers outstanding benefits and bonus potential. Please note that candidates must have excellent communication skills and ONLY US Citizens or Green Card holders will be considered.
If you are qualified for the position and interested in pursuing it, please answer the questions posed at the end of the description and be sure to attach a Word.doc formatted resume. You will receive a reply in a timely fashion either via phone or email if your background is determined to be a good match.
The chemist is a critical technical contributor to align lab equipment operation and analytical capabilities, both short term and long term.
The position is accountable for operation of key lab instruments through demonstration and leadership of best practices, technical troubleshooting, CAPA initiatives, and continuous improvements. This position will also lead analytical projects to develop methods and capabilities for R&D and Production, transfer methods and train technicians to ensure analytical excellence.
- Accountable for operation excellence KPIs of key existing lab instruments through, technical troubleshooting, and CAPA initiatives. Responsible for establishing, tracking, and improving instruments KPIs measures.
- Lead technical development projects in a central technology lab to develop new methods and capabilities for R&D and Manufacturing, train and coach lab analysts to bring ideas to design of experiments, SOPs, analyst certification, and standardized analytical services.
- Lead continuous improvement initiatives on instrument operation excellence in laboratory. Be able to identify such opportunities and supervise a group of analysts to achieve them.
- Bridge and interact actively with scientists and external labs for external analytical services. Assist in data interpretation.