A bachelor's degree in biological science, chemistry or forensic science - related area. Preference will be given to those with a master's degree in one of the natural sciences, or a bachelor's degree in biological science, chemistry, or forensic science related area with two years of relevant DNA experience.
Individuals with forensic DNA sequencing and/or SR typing experience are encouraged to apply.
US Citizens must be able to complete a successful background investigation and the ability to obtain a minimum of a Department of Defense Secret Security Clearance.
Applicants MUST submit a scanned copy of their transcripts to be considered. Please send resume to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
ARP Sciences, LLC is an EEO/AA Employer.
The American Registry of Pathology is seeking qualified individuals for the position of Forensic Scientist 1, DNA Technician
Candidates must be aware, this position begins with an up to six-month, comprehensive training program developed to provide new hires with a standardized and well-defined curriculum upon which to build a successful career with ARP in the field of Forensic Science.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Process biological specimens, to include, stains, human blood, oral swabs, cadaveric tissues and bone.
- Prepare reagents used in forensic analysis
- Quantify DNA extracted from evidence samples
- Receive and accession physical evidence while maintaining legal chain-of-custody and integrity of samples.
- Generate data using PCR - based methods (DNA sequence and/or STR genotypes)
- Perform quality control testing and critical reagents and instrumentation.
- Perform general laboratory quality control and housekeeping tasks.
- Analyze and interpret technical data (DNA sequence and/or STR genotypes)
- Execute validation studies assist in processing casework - related specimens