Description: Nuclear Medicine PET/CT Technologist
Employment Type: Full Time (30-40 hours weekly)
Location: Hospital in Los Angeles, CA, USA
Shift Hours/ Days: 7am - 4:30pm PDT, Monday through Friday
Salary: Highly Competitive - Hourly rate depends on experience and salary history.
Preferred Years of Experience: Minimum 2 - New Grads may be considered.
Conducts diagnostic and evaluative studies and provides therapies by utilizing the nuclear properties of radioactive and stable isotopes.
- Registers patients by confirming patient identification; reviewing consultation requests; checking for special instructions; consulting with the radiologist; entering anticipated services to patient log.
- Comforts patients and their families by answering questions; responding to requests; explaining procedure and nuclear medicine equipment.
- Treats patients by performing imaging and flow study procedures; operating radioscopic equipment to conduct tests; preparing and dispensing radiopharmaceuticals.
- Monitors patients during treatment by maintaining vital sign records; recognizing emergency patient conditions; initiating life-saving first aid; performing x-ray fluoresence scanning.
- Prepares reports by collecting, inputting, and retrieving study data on radiology management system.
- Maintains nuclear medicine equipment and supplies by cleaning equipment; troubleshooting problems; performing preventive maintenance; arranging for repairs; maintaining supply inventory levels; completing and placing supply requisitions; restocking supply storeroom
- Maintains quality results by following, and enforcing radiation safety standards.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Provides information to help Physicians diagnose patient illnesses
- Gains patient cooperation
- Prepares patient for procedure
- Minimizes radiation to patient and staff
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal and professional requirements