- Undergraduate degree in relevant field (Statistics, Mathematics, Economics).
- 5+ years related work experience in for-profit business (attractions or retail a plus).
- Experience performing financial, statistical or economic analysis in a role such as statistician, financial modeler, forecaster or related work.
- Advanced use of Excel and excellent ability to understand and work with numbers.
- Experience with statistical analysis and a solid understanding of relevant statistical measures.
- Experience building complex financial models at a previous employer.
- Knowledge of relevant products and analytical tools and methods.
- Must have impeccable integrity and work ethic; be self-motivated and take the initiative.
- Excellent, proven interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills.
This is a direct placement (perm) opportunity and comes with a competitive starting salary and excellent benefits. Interested candidates are asked to submit a resume to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
The Financial Modeling Analyst is a newly created position at the company and is a fantastic opportunity for an individual that wants to fill an important role in a growing, global entertainment company. This position is part of the business development team at the corporate office and reports directly to the Chief Financial Officer.
In this role, the analyst will build a revenue/admissions forecasting model (using established mathematical/statistical methodologies) to accurately forecast market demand and revenues in different markets around the world, based on market size, demographics, pricing, seasonality, etc. The modelling will be performed with data from both internal and external sources and will be utilized for performing acquisition analysis and other statistical analysis as needed. The results and recommendations from the modelling will be used by the business development group for proactive planning of new attractions and also evaluating targets for acquisition.
The ideal candidate must be passionate about analyzing data and modeling, and curious about incorporating new technology and data sources to improve the accuracy of the model. The candidate will use a wide range of statistical techniques to analyze data and interpret results into business recommendations, and collaborate with subject matter experts to select the necessary internal and external sources of information. You must be able to demonstrate a complex model you created in a previous role.
- Creates and administers the business development financial model; collects data from various departments and integrates it into model, develops miscellaneous forecasts to complete model, incorporates debt schedules, analyzes revenue requirements and manages bill impacts, and develops scenario analysis to model varying operational and financial conditions.
- Develops and analyzes short and long range revenue forecasts for specific opportunities: collects and reviews historical data, models potential independent variables, performs regression and statistical analysis, graphs and summarizes results, presents results to management, and monitors projections and actuals for accuracy.
- Performs economic and financial analyses on industry and market structure, competition and resource allocation.
- There will be other financial analysis assignments as assigned by the Chief Financial Officer.