- Education: Bachelor’ degree (B.S.) or equivalent
- Experience: Minimum of 0 to 2 years experience.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Certification/Licensure: None
- Other: Working knowledge of GMP/GLP's a preferred. GLP environment requires attention to detail strong organizational skills and accurate record keeping competencies
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/VetAbout the Company:
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe.
Our collective efforts as One Charles River are the key to our success, and we know that every person is important. Every day, each of us plays a critical role in making a difference in the quality of people's lives.
From our animal technicians and security guards to our business managers and executive team, we’re working together to support better, safer and more effective research.
Prepare article/substance dosage solutions/suspensions according to client specifications for use in toxicology studies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform preparation of test article/substance dosage solution/suspension(s), ensure preparation procedures and calculations are standardized, performed consistently and recorded correctly by the technical personnel.
- Prepare labels and samples.
- Receive all incoming test articles/substances and reagents.
- Ensure that the documentation for the use of all test articles/substances and vehicles/reagents to ensure consistency and correctness.
- Responsible for the sampling and the shipment of the samples.
- Maintain cleanliness and general appearance of the Formulations Laboratory.
- Ensure that test article/substance(s) from completed studies are returned to the sponsor or reassigned to another protocol.
- Responds to Quality Assurance audits of preparation procedures and calculations.
- Ensure all chemistry data is submitted to Senior Scientist for weekly review.
- Maintain an up to day inventory of reagents, test article/substance, vehicles and samples.
- Review chemistry data on a daily basis and finalizing chemistry data for submission at completion of study.
- Prepare accurate packing list for the shipment of test article/substances and samples to the sponsor and/or analytical laboratory. Notify appropriate personnel of shipments.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.