ProPath, one of the largest completely physician owned pathology practices in the country, seeks a Lab Assistant (Cytology Processing) to join our thriving practice. This position is based at our 85,000 square foot campus and corporate office in Dallas. ProPath is a nationally recognized practice founded in 1966 and has nearly 50 physicians and PhD’s on the team
Hours: 7:00 AM - 3:30 PM
This position is responsible for preparation patient samples for clinical testing and data entry of patient demographics into database in a precise and accurate fashion.
- Accurately evaluate specimen orders and enter clinical data/information into a variety of computer systems (i.e. order entry, patient demographics and/or results). Identify any missing or invalid data entry information and take the appropriate action to correct.
- Perform technical and non-technical procedures required to process and submit patient specimens for analysis.
- Operate automated and semi-automated equipment according to standard operating procedures.
- Effectively communicate deficiencies to appropriate personnel, including deficiencies related to specimens, paperwork, database information, and equipment.
- Accurately document information as required, including processing logs, quality control, and labeling of reagents.
- Prepare reagents in the department.
- Routinely handle biohazardous and/or chemical hazardous material.
- Communicate effectively in a courteous, professional manner with all levels of management, co-workers and clients to provide quality customer service.
- Maintain compliance with federal, state, company and department policies, procedures and regulations.
- Maintain confidentiality of employee, patient, client and company information.
- Work effectively within a team-oriented department and company.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Must High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to input data quickly and accuracy
- Related college degree or working experience helpful
- Data entry experience is a plus
- Highly motivated to excel with a strong work ethic and initiative
ProPath offers employees a full benefits package that includes: medical, dental, a matched 401K plan, and much more! Our Lab Assistant plays an important role in helping ProPath achieve its vision of being the premier provider of diagnostic medical care.
Don’t Follow the Leader, Join the Leader!Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)