The Sterile Processing Technician is responsible for decontamination, assembly oflinen packs, operation of steam, ETO and otherforms of sterilization.Maintains adequate inventory for assembly of instruments andequipment. Performs multiple tasks that assist in the daily operationof all units as well as being responsible for customer service.
- Extensive knowledge regarding processes used in the decontamination, inspection, cleaning, assembling and packaging of medical/surgical materialto include, but not limited to,linen, instruments and equipment according to established standards and procedures to ensure a sterile and functioning supplyof materials.
- Prepare trays for designated areasaccording to prescribed procedures. Wrap and/orpackage items for specified areas according to procedures prescribed for designated areas.
- Must be able to operatebar code instrument tracking systems
- Work with Operating Room personnel to ensure specialty trays are handledin the prescribed manner.
- Dissemble, clean, assembleand test specialty instrumentation and equipment for proper functioning.
- Must be able to differentiate between single-use and reusable items.
- Maintain inventory of supplies and materials to include documenting usage, issuing, receiving and reordering as assigned.
- Adheres to all Maxim and worksite rules,policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned/necessary.
- High School Diplomaor Equivalent
- State Licensure or certification as required by stateregulations or contractspecifications.
- Certificationthrough the National Certification Boardfor CS. may berequired by state regulations or contract specifications
- One (1) year of experience preferred.
- Ability to understand and follow instructions.
- Advanced knowledge of central sterileprocesses.
- Successful completion of Maxim StaffingSolutions testing process.
- Successful completion of background screening and hiring process.
- Current physical exam,if required by state regulations or contract specifications.
- Current TBtest or chest x-ray.
At Maxim Healthcare Services, we firmly believe that our employees are the heartbeat of our organization and we are happy to offer the following benefits:
- Competitive pay & weekly paychecks
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan
- Awards and recognition programs
*Benefit eligibility is dependent on employment status.
Maxim Healthcare Services is a leading provider of home healthcare, medical-related staffing, travel nursing, and population health and wellness services across the United States. As an established community partner, we have been making a difference in the lives of our employees, caregivers, and patients for more than 30 years. Our commitment to customer service, improving patient care, and staffing experienced healthcare professionals has paved the way for many rewarding career opportunities in the healthcare industry.
Maxim Healthcare Services, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer