R&D Advisor Chemist – (Houston, Texas)
Apex Systems, nation’s 2nd largest IT Staffing firm, is looking to hire a R&D Advisor Chemist on a perm role in Houston.
- Contributes to laboratory HSE standards and best practices
- Mentors employees on chemical compliance and lab safety by understanding key regulatory organization and policies
- Generates proposals for new areas of research and potential company business
- Leads projects by developing new experimental designs and risk mitigation strategies which contributes to long term technology and business vision
- Assesses practicality and relevance of solution on specific projects or requests by designing and selecting products with minimum environmental impact
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate with cross disciplinary process improvement teams including field counterparts
- Significantly contributes to client’s portfolio by delivering innovative and commercially successful solutions
- Mentors junior professionals in chemistry knowledge and technical application of solutions
- Recognized as an authority both inside and outside of the company for providing advisory and consulting work for the organization
- Represents client in external professional societies and conferences.
- Skills acquired through the completion of an undergraduate degree in Chemistry or similar discipline and 10 years of related experience
- Completion of a doctoral degree in Chemistry is highly preferred
*Please note that as a contract employee with Apex Systems, you'd be eligible for Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance; Short Term Disability; Hospitalization Coverage; Direct Deposit; Weekly Pay; Training and Development Programs; Corporate Discounts/Perks and our Referral Program.*
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178