• Independently plans and conducts medium-to-large size assigned projects within engineering specialty requiring conventional types of plans, investigations, and/or equipment.
• Manages multiple, often concurrent, projects and meets deadlines.
• Maintains project controls and reporting for cost, scope and schedule; develops execution strategy including procurement; balances multiple demands within an assignment, e.g. executes contingency plans to recover from schedule slippage and financial overruns.
• Facilitates the definition of a project scope with clients.
• Establishes workable and trackable schedules.
• Works with staff, outside firms, and/or consultants to agree on plans and timetables for a specific project; identifies pinch points or conflicts, e.g. determines verification and tracking mechanisms; sets performance metrics; assigns responsibilities for team members; develops a budget.
• Independently performs economic analysis and feasibility studies related to project alternatives.
• Responsible for achieving the project's financial targets in support of business objectives.
TECHNICAL / DESIGN:
• Anticipates future directions. Benchmarks internally and externally. Recognizes changes in the environment and present resources as indicators of future problems and opportunities; prepares for such eventualities, e.g. initiates plan to acquire new engineering skills required by changes in technology.
• Independently executes, and/or directs others in the execution of, the design of products/processes/equipment/systems/facilities by applying new engineering theories, concepts, and techniques within the discipline.
• Designs and leads complex experiments, often with multiple variables, gathers data, and performs preliminary analysis.
• Reports findings.
• Prepares and communicates recommendations and respective action plans.
• Mentors others by sharing technical expertise and providing feedback and guidance.
• Interfaces frequently with inter-organizational and outside customer contacts.
• Represents the organization in providing solutions to difficult technical issues associated with specific projects.
• Prepares written communication.
• Obtains approval to proceed with proposed action plans.
• Establishes networks. Follows through on project goals; contributes willingly and incorporates the ideas of others; shares resources, knowledge, and accountability to benefit the objectives of the business, e.g. participates in team meetings; serves as a functional expert in cross-project design review.
• Builds relationships. Initiates and cultivates open, honest relationships with colleagues, customers, contractors, and vendors by establishing rapport, developing an understanding of others' needs, promoting common goals, and following through on commitments, e.g. offers assistance; interacts effectively with stakeholders at appropriate levels of the organization.
• Resolves underlying problems. Identifies full range of customer/client needs and proposes solutions to address them; makes alterations in products or services to better meet (recognized or unrecognized) customer need, e.g. partners with an outside vendor to provide a better deliverable.
• Complies with all regulations and standards for quality, Environmental, Health, Safety and Energy (EHS&E) Global Policies and other governance areas as applicable.
• Ensures quality and effectiveness of assigned tasks.
• Has awareness of the potential consequences (defects and failure modes) of design changes to established processes.
• Identifies areas of risk with respect to compliance.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE:
• Develops procedures and standards.
• Coordinates with technical support personnel to conduct prototype or experimental runs of products or processes.
• Directs the efforts of others such as technicians and outside resources.
• Performs tasks such as writing Requests for Capital Expenditures (RCEs), safety/quality checklists, scope documents, etc.
• Develops and executes validation protocols.
• Resolves problems, such as production process deviations, vendor deviations from specification, urgent out-of-stock replacements, and crisis situations requiring fast, astute decisions with rapid implementation by utilizing technical training and experience.
• Provides training on systems.
• Represents engineering on corporate and division task forces.
• Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Science, or closely related technical discipline, or equivalent technical.
• 8+ years of significant engineering and/or operational experience.
• Has a career history marked by a consistent series of technical contributions and accomplishments.
• Significant contribution to product or process development or improvement through creative application of technical effort will equally be recognized.
• Possesses a strong technical knowledge and application of concepts, practices, and procedures.
• Works on problems of complex scope where analysis of situations or data involves multiple competing factors.
• Exercises judgment and advises management as to the appropriate actions.
• Interacts well with diverse groups within engineering and maintains strong working relationships with internal and external collaborators.
• Listens to and understands others' points of view and articulates tactfully and respectfully one's own perspective orally, in writing, and in presentations.
• Works well with other engineers in a collaborative, fast-paced goal-driven environment.
• Possesses interpersonal skills to negotiate and reconcile differences.
• Post-graduate education/degree, and may contribute towards the desired years of experience.
• Technical background in Pharmaceutical or similar industry
• Demonstrated competency with financial systems and in fiscal control.
Key Leadership Competencies:
• Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of team to enable higher performance.
• Learns fast, grasps the 'essence' and can change the course quickly where indicated.
• Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo.
• Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions and experimentation for improvement.
• Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures innovation and manages innovation to reality
Senior Technical Recruiter
P: 630-993-3405 | E: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
Corporate Office: Two Westbrook Corporate Center, Ste. 300, Westchester, IL 60154
Wisconsin Office: 125 N. Executive Dr., Ste. 101, Brookfield, WI 53005
Our in-depth knowledge, industry expertise and robust talent pipeline delivers a diverse range of creative candidates for even the most complex engineering projects both nationally and internationally. As a Best of Staffing® Award winner for both Client and Talent Sterling is ranked in the top 2% of U.S. staffing companies by our employees and clients. We focus on building and maintaining long-term relationships with our clients that allow our talented teams to grow their careers through a variety of assignments that broaden their range of experience and challenge their potential. With over 1000 placements per year in over 24 states throughout the US, Sterling enjoys exclusive relationships with many of our clients and offers a wide range of opportunities on a contract, contract to hire and direct hire basis that may not be available through other avenues. We offer one of the most comprehensive benefit packages in the industry which allows us to attract and retain some of the industry’s top talent.
For more information visit www.sterling-engineering.com
Sterling is dedicated to providing equal employment to all qualified persons without discrimination on the basis of age, sex, color, race, national origin, religion, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, arrest record, or any other legally protected status under local, state and federal law.