SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 94,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
- Research and develop methods to characterize agricultural and food products for nutritional components and contaminants related to Food Safety.
- Implement new methods including ISO17025 validation requirements, writing SOPs and training of junior staff for routine performance.
- Participate in industry technical discussion to keep informed of upcoming technology improvements and changes in regulatory requirements.
- Perform lab analysis utilizing prescribed SOPs and official analysis methods.
- Provide technical and food safety information to internal and external clients.
- Work closely with laboratory management, sales and client services to prioritize development and validation needs to meet client and industry expectations.
- Perform routine quality control to ensure quality of work.
- Set up, adjust, maintain and operate laboratory equipment including calibration to specified technical requirements.
- Troubleshoot analysis and equipment when quality does not meet specifications.
- Maintain quality protocols for testing area and implement preventative practices.
- Ensure quality and confidentiality of client and company information and take an active role in updating Quality System.
- Assist in other areas of the company as needed.
- Promote responsibility, good work habits, a positive work environment and improve customer service.
- Associate with vendors, equipment suppliers, outside agencies and professional organizations as necessary.
- At all times, comply with SGS Code of Integrity and Professional Conduct.
- Minimum B.S. degree with a concentration in Chemistry or Food Science or other relevant science area. M.S. or Ph.D. in relevant field preferred.
- 5+ years in a commercial food testing and/or an advanced degree.
- Knowledgeable in data reporting, technical requirements and general market drivers, LIMS and other applications.
- Must be proficient in computer software and use of communication tools.
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a call back. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.
Information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.