|Post Date:||May 28, 2020||Type:||Full-Time|
|Start Date:||5/28/2020||Salary:|| |
Sealaska Technical Services (STS) is a critical subcontractor on the N3B Los Alamos LLC team and will be providing program management and technical services in support of the ground & surface water monitoring program at the U.S. Department of Energy’s Los Alamos National Laboratory.
STS is a full-service engineering and environmental consulting company with a worldwide reach in the areas of environmental monitoring and remediation, national security, systems engineering, data management and analytics for both federal and commercial customers. Sealaska is an Alaska Native Corporation founded in 1972 and established by the Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
STS is currently seeking an experienced Project Lead/Geologist. While working to achieve N3B LLCC objectives, will ensure all activities and operations are performed in a safe and deliberate manner; will maintain required safety, security and operational training; assure procedural and regulatory compliance; and make safety and security an integral part of every task; including taking the necessary steps to stop work if continuing the job is unsafe or compromises security.
- In coordination with the Drilling Program manager, prepare RFPs, evaluate bids, make award recommendations for drilling, well maintenance, and plug and abandonment subcontracts
- Lead completion of the Project Readiness Process Procedure, Project Preparedness, Field Implementation Plan, and other required documents
- Ensure appropriate staffing for field activities and supporting office functions
- Oversee drilling subcontractors
- Oversee the subcontractor on well refurbishment, aquifer testing, wellhead completions, and abandonment activities
- Support earned value management reporting
- Review subcontractor daily reports and support safety and quality audits and findings to confirm subcontractor compliance
- Coordinate waste management support
- Coordinate sampling in support of site characterization and waste characterization
- Coordinate with Operations Support team for site access, permitting, and event notification
- Provide construction support including RFI responses, DCNs as applicable, and preparation of completion reports for each project assigned
- Support development of required reports
- Support procedure and policy development and implementation, including training requirements
- Comply with all health & safety policies and practices
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree in geology, engineering, science, or related technical discipline, or equivalent, Master’s preferred; however, a combination of education and relevant experience wherein the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the position’s duties and responsibilities have been adequately demonstrated is acceptable
- The career level of the position will be determined by the years of relevant experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities; after a candidate, has been chosen
- Broad understanding of principles, concepts and techniques in the field of general science
- Skill and ability to perform complex professional tasks independently with little instruction
- Ability to work within established policies and procedures, using independent judgment and ingenuity
- Ability to train and mentor more junior staff
- Level of language skills, mathematical skills, communication skills, reasoning ability and computer skills necessary to perform essential functions of the job
- Ability to work in a team oriented project environment
- Familiarity with the LANL site and work environment preferred
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements (Light Work)
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate
Light Work Category:
- Physical demand requirements are in excess of those for sedentary work
- The employee exerts up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or negligible amount of force constantly to move objects
- The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms
- The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision
- This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; and nothing in this herein restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time
- In this position the qualified candidate may support one of more of the following departments, Groundwater Monitoring, Surface Water Monitoring, Drilling, Storm Water Corrective Actions, and/or Remediation Services
- The qualified candidate may be required to attain and maintain a DOE Q clearance
- Individuals must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation
- Individual must pass a pre-employment drug screen and accept all company policies
- This position may require a physical fit-for-duty screen as well
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, sexual orientation, or age.
Please help us spread the word
about BiologyJobs.com by telling
any organization you know that hires employees with a background in biology that they can advertise their open positions online at BiologyJobs.com for only $1 per day with unlimited job postings and resume database access plus their organization's profile and logo featured online. You can't beat the affordable advertising rates of Biology Jobs .com combined with the highly tartgeted traffic that your job postings will recieve compared to other online job board services.
Whether you are working on your degree, or your have completed your B.A.
(bachelor of arts) B.S. ( bachelor of science ) M.S.( master of science ), M.A. ( master of arts ),or
Ph.D ( doctorate of philosophy ) degree , and you are looking for a postdoctoral ( postdoc ) job, Biology Jobs .com has job openings posted online at various times for all levels of Biology Jobs from volunteer positions to postdoctoral research jobs to tenured professors, positions with top biotechnology companies and everything in between.