Aerotek is seeking a Laboratory Material Handler in the specimen processing department for a leading clinical research facility in Indianapolis.
The primary role of candidates will be to receive in samples (blood, urine, tissue samples) being delivered to the facility. They will process the samples by scanning the boxes of samples, unpacking them, scanning them into their internal system and then storing them correctly in refrigerator or freezer units. Candidates must follow correct SOP's while handling the samples and documenting their work. Throughout the day candidates will be responsible for processing thousands of samples in a very fast paced atmosphere. This position requires candidates to accurately process all specimen samples received at the facility, and complete required documentation in accordance to laboratory quality standards.
- Tuesday - Saturday, 5:00am - Done (Work is completed when all new specimen samples have been processed. This team is currently working 10+ hours daily.)
- Strong job tenure (no more than 2 jobs in the past 4 years)
- Minimum of 1 year of recent work experience in fast-paced, active work environments (restaurant, retail, warehouse or assembly)
- Experience meeting daily performance metrics
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced, active work environment
- High attention to detail
- Team oriented mindset and strong communication skills
- Experience following SOP's
- High School Diploma
NICE TO HAVE:
- Bachelor or Associates Degree
- Prior specimen processing experience
- Knowledge of GLP's
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.