Tremco’s Commercial Sealants and Waterproofing division is currently searching for a Senior Chemist. The Senior Chemist is a member of the Research and Development (R&D) department with responsibility for providing hand-on research and technical knowledge to develop new products through commercial launch and support existing products to promote the growth of Dryvit Systems products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support research projects that deliver business results through data driven decision making
- Work within cross functional teams to enable new product development project success
- Execute various project activities in support of a defined product development process
- Design & execute experiments to evaluate and optimize the performance attributes of assigned technologies
- Develop an understanding of process capability, design selection criteria, and/or structure-property relationships for developed products
- Actively research relevant intellectual property and support development of patentable inventions
- Maintain proper documentation of technical and experimental activities
Bachelors’ in Chemistry, Physical Sciences or Engineering required. Master’s degree or PhD degree preferred.
Bachelor’s degree and three years of experience.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Exposure to Six Sigma tools such as design of experiments and statistical analysis
- Ability to formulate a technical strategy to solve complex problems
- Excellent skills in report writing and verbal presentation of technical data
- Cementitious chemistry formulation experience preferred
- Coatings formulation experience with water-based resins preferred
- Passion for learning about relevant technologies preferred
- Proactively develops professional growth through collaboration and mentoring relationships preferred
- Experience working with cross functional teams including marketing, sales, finance, & operations to deliver defined product development activity preferred
- Experience using Six Sigma or DMAIC (Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control) methodology a plus
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.