- BS is preferred.
- AA is required.
- Familiar with both Inorganic and Organic chemistry.
- 10+ years of laboratory experience is preferred.
- 5 + year of supervisor experience is preferred.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills.
- Ensuring the quality of the lab is maintained at the level that meets or exceeds the QC targets set out in the QC manual.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ensuring instrument repairs, maintenance and calibration schedules are carried out (e.g. ovens, balances etc.)
- Assessing results of QA/QC audits and implement improvements as required.
- Proficient computer skills, specifically Microsoft Office.
- Must be able to initiate corrective action without prompting and assist co-workers whenever necessary in order to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to effectively perform duties under pressures arising from large sample volumes and short turn-around times.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to use (or learn to use) Laboratory Information Management System.
We would like to thank everyone for their interest in ALS but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
'ALS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to achieving and maintaining a workforce which reflects and affirms the diversity of our society'
ALS is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
EOE AA Minority, Female, Veteran, Individuals with Disabilities
Click Here to view the EEO is the Law poster
Click Here to view the FMLA Law poster
Click Here to view the EPPA Law Poster
Click Here to view the Pay Transparency Provision
Click Here to view company E-Verify Participation PosterOverview
ALS provides a broad range of testing and analytical services to a wide variety of end markets and industries around the globe. We continue to remain at the forefront of the testing services industry, building an enviable reputation. ALS provides a diversified line of independent analytical services to a wide range of top-tier customers in the pharmaceutical, nutraceutical, environmental, and food industries. Our diverse laboratories perform routine and specialty analytical testing for compliance, safety, certification and verification purposes.
Supervisor – Specialty Laboratory Area will be responsible for Ensuring the efficient running of the laboratory, advising the department manager of any possible ways to increase productivity and efficiency through equipment upgrading, method enhancements or implementation of new technology; any deficiencies in staff numbers, training, consumable stock and new products. This individual will manage all employee issues.
Supervisor – Specialty Laboratory Area has the following duties:
- Overseeing staff within the section.
- Maximum efficiency and productivity in the section. Fostering a work ethic within the section that increases productivity by:
- Ensuring resources are utilised effectively and efficiently
- Minimising wastage (e.g. solvent)
- Reducing breakages (e.g. glassware)
- Optimising the work hours within the laboratory
- Addressing staff moral and performance issues, informing the business manager/laboratory manager/senior chemist, where necessary.
- Maintaining an acceptable turnaround of tasks or results within the section, including meeting holding times. Additionally, will contribute to efficiencies in this area on continual basis.
- Ensuring all duties within the section are conducted in accordance with the Quality Procedures Manual. Keeping up to date with changes in methodology within the section. Will work with QA to update SOP’s and manuals as necessary.
- Work with other supervisors, managers and Laboratory Directors to achieve client satisfaction on TAT, improve and maintain relationships to other sections.
- Training and developing of Team Lead(s).
- Assist in monitoring instrument performance and identify deviations from specification and notifying Manager or Laboratory Director if the instrument is not operating to specifications, including when instrument QC fall outside control limits.
- Have a working knowledge and understanding of the ALS quality management system
- Be aware of requirements for laboratory competence
- Other duties as assigned.