Title: Bioinformatics Associate III
Our Client is seeking a highly motivated full-time computational biologist contractor to work with their team in the Department of Bioinformatics and Computational Biology. The primary focus of this position will be on the analysis and interpretation of high-throughput genomic and clinical data, to further our understanding of the interactions between the immune and stromal components of the tumor microenvironment as they relate to cancer immunotherapy. (A basic understanding of cancer or immune biology is a plus for this position, but is not a requirement.)
- Analyze and interpret high-throughput molecular data (RNA-Seq, single-cell transcriptomics, etc) in the context of biological problems, in close collaboration with an interdisciplinary team of bench and computational scientists.
- Integrate high-throughput molecular data with clinical outcome data to inform research programs
- Contribute to publications in high-quality scientific, technical, and medical journals (and receive publication credit for these contributions)
- Create interactive visualization and analysis tools to enhance collaboration with bench scientists (preferred, but not required)
- High level of proficiency with R programming language.
- Experience in the analysis, visualization, and interpretation of high-throughput data in collaboration with bench scientists and/or clinical scientists.
- Experience with one or more high-throughput biological assays such as RNA-seq, exome-seq, ChIP-seq and ATAC-seq.
- Experience with single cell RNA-seq is a plus but not required.
- Outstanding communication, collaboration, and problem solving skills.
Masters or Ph.D. in a relevant field (such as computational biology, systems biology, bioinformatics, genomics, statistics, cancer biology, etc.)
With Kelly, you’ll have access to some of the world’s highest-regarded scientific organizations—
providing you with opportunities to work on today’s most challenging, research-intensive, and relevant
projects. Our connections can lead you to innovative scientific pursuits you’ll be proud to help
advance. We work with 95 of the Fortune 100™ companies, and found opportunities for more than 9,000
scientific professionals last year.
You pursued a career in science to fuel your quest for knowledge and your desire to make the world
a better place. Let Kelly fuel your career—connect with us today.
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect
with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females,
Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is
committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity
is The Law.