As a Vice President of Life Sciences Partnerships, they will be responsible for building strategic relationships at the highest levels within biopharma, with a focus on oncology franchise and functional leaders with visibility across clinical, and commercial functions. This is a strategic role, field based and with aggressive account growth expectations. A strong background and passion in oncology is preferred. The VP of Life Sciences Partnerships will act as trusted advisor between Company and our top biopharma customers. Additionally, they will serve as a liaison with other Company teams. They will also lead business development, coordinate cross-sell, and drive account strategic growth plans.
The role reports into the Head of the Sales organization and will also be a member of the overall business extended leadership team. While the initial focus will be on building and strengthening strategic partnerships with biopharma, they will also help to build out the Hercules customer facing organization and manage strategic engagement teams. Longer term, this role will be fully accountable and dedicated to a primary priority biopharma partner.
Leads the development of biopharma “anchor partnerships”, collaborating with the relevant internal Commercial and Operations leaders, ultimately focusing on an anchor partner (Company) Establishes the strategic growth plan for biopharma anchor partner(s), reflecting our current positioning and portfolio product offerings for each biopharma customer, gaps vis-à-vis customer needs and resulting priorities of focus Connects the dots to enable holistic view of biopharma customers and provides an integrated/unified value proposition back to biopharma (leveraging our full portfolio of assets) Leverages industry and customer networks to build new / deeper relationships Maintains customer relationship; as needed, take corrective measures to improve experience Operates upstream of the sales team, works directly with sales lead in crafting tailored solutions.
Typically has 13+ years of professional experience and 6+ years diversified leadership, planning, communication, organization and people motivation skill
- 12+ years biopharma/life sciences strategy and/or commercialization experience with oncology strongly preferred.
- Functional expertise across biopharma value chain understands full product lifecycle (research and development through commercialization)
- Strong leadership with success in leading and driving teams in a complex matrix organization
Specialized Knowledge/Skills –
- Executive presence and acumen; Ability to build strong relationships: initiates and scales consultative/advisory relationships with pharma executive suite
- Strategy experience: envisions future-state of the account; builds upon present growth and end-state potential
- Healthcare strategy: evaluates industry trends, stakeholders, economic drivers and policy, develops long-term implications and recommending pragmatic strategies for new business opportunities
- Understanding of different pharmaceutical brands: understands nuance of individual drugs and product archetypes within a portfolio
- Analytical rigor: brings structure to ill-defined problems and intellectual leadership to problem solving; synthesizes insights from analysis and ensure credible, actionable recommendations
- Communication skills: develops rapport and credibility across the organization, promotes ideas and proposals persuasively
- 4-year Bachelor's degree in business or finance, or related field or equivalent experience
- MBA strongly preferred
- Scientific/clinical degree and credentials is a plus
50% Travel required