Intertek, a leading provider of ATIC (Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification) Services, is looking for an Analytical Technician I to join our Hardlines team in Arlington Heights, IL.
The Hardlines teams serves several industries, including furniture, home décor, housewears, sporting goods, and toys. Through assurance, testing, inspection and certification services, Intertek helps build, enhance, and protect their brands.
The Analytical Technician will support the Hardlines business by being responsible for the performing and reporting of routine chemical testing in the role of an experienced analytical technician. We’re looking for someone with with the ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment with ever changing priorities.
- Independently perform chemical testing requiring the use of analytical instruments such as the pH Meter, UV-Vis, FTIR, Gas Chromatograph, Liquid Chromatograph, and/or Inductively Coupled Plasma.
- Adhere to all safety rules and standard operating procedures without deviations.
- Extract, digest, and analyse samples while safely handling chemicals and report generated data in a timely manner.
- Accurately document results and observations according to Good Documentation Practices.
- Prioritize work load to ensure testing is completed by the due date.
- Review and release data in a timely manner ensuring traceability and correctness.
- Improve current processes and update procedures as needed. When changes are made, provide training to those affected.
- Research and implement new capabilities.
- Effectively communicate issues to Department Manager and/or Senior Chemist to resolve issues related to specifications, requirements, and testing.
- Maintain supply inventory and ensures logbooks are up to date.
- Provide training to junior technicians.
- Ensure labeling, handling, transporting, and storing of samples, consumables, and reagents in a manner to prevent loss, contamination, or deterioration.
- Ensure that equipment used is in good working order, scheduling and communicating with service providers.
- Conduct standardized tests, analyze test data, and perform routine calculations.
- Communicate test status or project updates to Department Manager and/or Senior Chemist.
- Responsible for meeting all quality requirements as stated in the laboratory Quality Manual.
- Assist Senior Chemist and/or management with his/her duties as needed.
- Responsible for delivering on the needs of the customer.
- Responsible for housekeeping within assigned area and the cleaning of glassware.
- Responsible for company/divisional safety rules and the adherence to wearing the proper PPE.
- High School Diploma/GED with 7+ years directly related experience or Bachelor’s Degree with 3+ years direct experience.
- Proven hands on experience with instrumentation.
- Must be able to work in a team environment and during the split shift, 10:30AM-7:00PM
- Excellent communication skills in both verbal and written formats.
- Ability to remain flexible with work schedule, including working varying shifts and / or overtime as business needs dictate.
- Physical dexterity to operate equipment and perform the technical and clerical functions necessary to effectively and efficiently perform the duties of the job. This may include: bending/stooping, turning/twisting, reaching, balancing, and mobility to travel to other work sites. Must be able to carry up to 50 pounds.
- MS Office proficiency.
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world’s most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical,dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veterans status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass apre-employment drug test.