AtMemorialCare Health System, we believe in providing extraordinary healthcare toour communities and an exceptional working environment for our employees. Memorial Care stands for excellence in Healthcare. Across our family ofmedical centers, we support each one of our bright, talented employees inreaching the highest levels of professional development, contribution,collaboration and accountability. Whatever your role and whateverexpertise you bring, we are dedicated to helping you achieve your fullpotential in an environment of respect, innovation and teamwork.
TheSurgical Technician supports the department of Surgical Services in theprovision of patient care by the coordination of surgical instrumentation andperformance of scrub technologist activities. Additional responsibilitiesinclude the provision of organizational, communication and assistive skillsnecessary to facilitate the flow of surgical service activities. Theseresponsibilities include availability/maintenance of instruments, adherence tothe principles of asepsis, knowledge of surgical procedures, and support ofresources to patients, visitors, physicians, staff and ancillary personnel.Additional duties support orientation/training of new personnel and collaborationwith the healthcare team towards achieving fiscal and quality care goals and ofoutcomes for the divisions within surgical services. The position also supportsthe Materials Coordinator and Director of Surgical Services in theimplementation of surgical services activities.
Examples of duties include
- Communicationto facilitate patient care delivery and unit efficiency
- Performanceof daily organization of surgical field
- Providecase specific supplies, instrumentation and equipment
- Adheresto Patient Safety Protocol
- Maintainunit readiness for emergency cases
- Assistwith instrumentation and supplies for surgery schedule (case picking)
- Maintaincurrent/accurate unit information
- Participatein patient charge process/preference list updates
- Assistwith instrument room activities
- Support staffcross-training
- One ormore years of experience in acute surgical setting preferred.
- Graduateof accredited surgical technologist program or military training program.
- Expertisewith instrument processing and asepsis.
- Knowledgeof sterility standards, AAMI and AORN.
- CORT/CSTcertificate preferred
- AmericanHeart Association (AHA) BLS CPR required
Job: United States-California-Laguna Hills
Schedule: Per Diem
Job Posting: Staff