YOU ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT A RESUME WITH YOUR APPLICATION!
Medical Technologist - AdventHealth – Lake Wales
Address: 410 S 11th St, Lake Wales, FL 33853
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth – Lake Wales
- Up to $5K Sign-On Bonus
- A historic community with a hometown family feel; voted “friendliest small town in FL”
- Surrounded by golf courses, beautiful lakes, and outdoor adventures
- The facility is just 20 minutes away from LEGOLAND Florida
- Faith-based work environment
- Great benefits
Work Hours/Shift: Full Time, Nights, Wednesday 5PM - 9PM, Thursday - Saturday 4:15PM - 5:45AM
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct admissions in compliance with applicable standards, regulations and hospital protocol.
- Complete physical and mental health assessments.
- Supervise and assign areas of responsibility for MHAs and Unit Secretaries during shift.
- Collect and analyze data regarding the patient’s physical, psychological, environmental, self-care, educational, and anticipated discharge planning needs.
- Develop a comprehensive outline of care and specific goals and interventions to be included in treatment planning.
- Monitor patients following nursing unit policies and procedures.
- Communicate changes in patient’s status (legal, psychiatric, physical) with attending physician.
- Inform incoming shift of any changes or problems with patients to promote continuity of care.
- Review patient’s records for accuracy and ensure that treatment plan and progress notes clearly reflect progress of patient and family
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
- Laboratory training through an accredited laboratory school of medical technology required. Must have experience
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
- Bachelor of Science degree or equivalent from an accredited college or university required. Degree must be in Medical Technology or one of the biological or chemical sciences.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
- Medical Technologist Certification and Clinical Laboratory Technologist License with the State of Florida
Performs routine and specialized moderate and high complexity laboratory tests on all types of blood and body fluid specimens under minimal supervision. Insures accurate and reliable test results by adhering to a strict quality control program. Performs instrument function checks and preventative maintenance procedures according to department’s policies and procedures. Maintains records and statistical data according to regulative requirements. Teaches new employees, existing employees and students in laboratory policies and procedures. Assists as needed in all laboratory areas as required to maintain appropriate patient care. Assists department lead or lab administrative director and performs duties to include review of Quality Control, Calibration and Calibration verification in departments and ensures that the laboratories meet regulatory requirements. Assists Laboratory Administrative director or lead in review/submission of peer data. Also assists Laboratory Administrative Director or lead in submission/distribution/review of Proficiency Testing. Technical or regulatory duties may be delegated or assigned as needed by lead or administrative director.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.