Pharmacy Technician I
|Post Date:||Mar 14, 2019||Type:||Full-Time|
|Start Date:||3/14/2019||Salary:|| |
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?
- HealthTrust offers one of the leading 401(k) plans in the healthcare industry (a 100% match on up to 9% of pay based on years of vesting service).
- Tuition Reimbursement program for individuals seeking higher education. Generous annual incentive bonus program.
- Professional growth and advancement. Network of other highly skilled Pharmacists to work and collaborate with across sister facilities and multiple divisions.
- Demonstrates basic operational knowledge in a moderate range of areas
- Applies known solutions to a limited range of predictable problems
- Applies and performs a defined range of skills and tasks where choice between a limited range of options is required
- Assess and record information from varied sources
- Take responsibility for own work outputs.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Hospital Pharmacy experience preferred
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS – Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports. Requires lifting papers or boxes up to 50 pounds occasionally. May be exposed to toxic/caustic/chemicals/detergents. Work is performed in a hospital (pharmacy, nursing units, etc.) Work may be stressful at times. Contact may involve dealing with angry or upset people. Staff must remain flexible and available to provide staffing assistance for any/all disaster or emergency situations.
- National Certification (CPhT) required
- Active Registered Pharmacy Technician, as per State requirements, in good standing with the appropriate State Board of Pharmacy
- Take your career in the right direction – join us at HealthTrust. Amidst the fast-changing dynamics of healthcare within HealthTrust and our parent company (HCA – Hospital Corporation of America), come work as a Pharmacy Tech I to put into practice sustainable, practical solutions that will ultimately transform patient care and the communities we support.
- More than 1,600 hospitals have partnered with HealthTrust to lower expenses and improve outcomes across healthcare operations.
- HealthTrust delivers supply chain, workforce, and clinical integration services to help healthcare providers improve performance with superior pricing and operator-driven practices. This is accomplished by hiring professionals like you!
- A seven-time recipient of a “Champion for Change” award from Practice Greenhealth, HealthTrust actively encourages and enables ecologically responsible purchasing alongside fully embracing a culture of integrity and a code of ethics.
- Seeking a full-time Pharmacy Technician-I responsible for accurately performing all basic pharmacy technician functions in a timely manner.
- Identifies critical issues, prioritize workload and communicate to appropriate personnel any issues in a timely manner
- Completes all education requirements and/or other activities needed to maintain competency
- Interacts in person and by phone with hospital personnel politely and appropriately.
- Accurately maintains required documentation logs
- Complies with facility policy and procedures and regulatory requirements
- Responsible for maintaining medication storage and security as per regulatory requirements throughout the organization
- Performs quality control and performance improvement functions as assigned
- Accurately performs and documents monthly medication storage area inspections as assigned
- Performs basic billing functions
- Completes basic OR charges in a timely manner as assigned
- Accurately performs required calculations
- Accurately and safely compounds and labels medications and parenteral admixtures
- Always utilizes aseptic techniques in the preparation of parenteral compounding
- Compliant with all USP 797 shift/daily/monthly requirements (i.e. cleaning laminar airflow cabinets and biological safety cabinets, wearing personal protective equipment, etc.)
- Always obtains a final check from the pharmacist before releasing any prepared parenteral compounds, before packaging any medication, or dispensing any medication.
- Accurately transports medications and other pharmacy supplies in a timely manner to appropriate areas.
- Accurately fills orders in the pharmacy.
Northwest Medical Center– Margate, Broward County FL
- Margate is a city located in Broward County Florida.
- The name of the city itself is a portmanteau of the first three letters of the founder's last name, Jack Marqusee, and the first four letters of gateway, since it was considered a "gateway" to western Broward County.
- The city also has a water park called Calypso Cove, and two golf courses, with one of them also a tennis court as well: The Carolina Golf Club, and the Oriole Golf and Tennis Club.
- Margate is home to the largest butterfly park in the world. Located in Trade winds Park, Florida, and the first park in the Western Hemisphere.
Please help us spread the word
about BiologyJobs.com by telling
any organization you know that hires employees with a background in biology that they can advertise their open positions online at BiologyJobs.com for only $1 per day with unlimited job postings and resume database access plus their organization's profile and logo featured online. You can't beat the affordable advertising rates of Biology Jobs .com combined with the highly tartgeted traffic that your job postings will recieve compared to other online job board services.
Whether you are working on your degree, or your have completed your B.A.
(bachelor of arts) B.S. ( bachelor of science ) M.S.( master of science ), M.A. ( master of arts ),or
Ph.D ( doctorate of philosophy ) degree , and you are looking for a postdoctoral ( postdoc ) job, Biology Jobs .com has job openings posted online at various times for all levels of Biology Jobs from volunteer positions to postdoctoral research jobs to tenured professors, positions with top biotechnology companies and everything in between.