The (Compound) Sample Logistics is a small team that is part of the Biochemistry group and Tumor Cell Biology department in the Oncology Research Division of our client. They are seeking a Scientist in the La Jolla, CA area!
- Support general laboratory functions in the compound management group that facilitates the preparation and distribution of research drugs from synthesis to the scientists.
- Responsibilities are general bench work activities such as solubilizing compounds to specified concentrations and volumes, managing orders for compound supply, and using automated equipment to transfer and distribute compounds.
- Several software applications control the compound workflow, inventory and lifecycle tracking.
- The role will also require maintaining inventory of lab supplies, and preparing containers for off-site shipping. Must be able to stand & walk around for several hours.
- Responsibilities include recording in-coming compound inventory with barcode entry into the Titain software system. cMosaic software informs what to do with the compound, such as solubilization.
- Compounds are solubilized with 100% DMSO to specified concentrations and volumes using a Tecan liquid handling instrument controlled by cMosaic software.
- Compounds are transferred to storage for future use in a Hamilton Tekcel, or processed further with the Tecan or Bravo liquid handlers.
- Compound order inventory is managed with CART software & translated to cMosaic to process orders.
- The orders are processed for the scientists as per specification into assay plates (96-well, 384-well) and an email notification is sent to the scientist.
- Assay plates receive a barcode label and sealed for delivery.
- Some compounds are packaged for off-site delivery in dry-ice shipping containers with appropriate paperwork.
- Other responsibilities are to maintain inventory of lab supplies with electronic orders placed through Ariba.
- Rinsing empty, glass 4L containers of DMSO will also be required to support proper disposal as recyclable waste.
- A bachelor of science, and/or prior work in a laboratory setting is required.
- Knowledge of the drug discovery process and chemical synthesis of compounds is desired, but not mandatory.
- Highly organized with an ability to specifically follow instruction. Motivated to perform well and provide a quality product to scientists. Attentive to details.
- Basic math proficiency (algebra) such as computing compound concentration and dilution factors to achieve desired concentration.
- Experience with automated equipment such as liquid handlers that pipette solutions is advantageous.
- Ability to quickly learn new software applications.
- Experience in high throughput screening (HTS) is beneficial
***For immediate consideration, please email your updated resume to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] with 'Bench Scientist La Jolla' in the subject line.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178.