Maxim Healthcare Services is currently seeking a Medical Technologist / Medical Lab Scientist to provide services at Nellis Air Force Base in Las Vegas, Nevada
- Excellent opportunity to gain entry into federal employment
- Rewarding experience in public service for your country
- Easy travel: federal Property allows you to work on any active, unrestricted state license
Under the supervision of a designated Manager, the Medical Technologist performs diagnostic analytic tests on human body fluids such as blood, sputum, stool, cerebrospinal fluid, peritoneal fluid, pericardial fluid, and synovial fluid, as well as other specimens. Works within clinical laboratories, doctor's offices, reference labs, and within the biotechnology industry.
- Performs specimen collection and processing duties as needed or assigned
- Performs routine and special laboratory tests; analyzes human fluid samples on advanced analytical equipment or by using lower-tech analytic techniques available to the clinical laboratory, such as manual white blood cell differentials, bone marrow counts, and analysis via microscopy
- Monitors, screens, and troubleshoots any analytical device responsible for deriving critical patient information. These tasks include calibrations, quality control, run-by-run assessment, instrument maintenance, statistical control of observed data, and recording of normal operations.
- May troubleshoot, adjust, and/or repair complicated instruments.
- Must be able to recognize abnormalities in the equipment and know how to correct them.
- Recognizes test inconsistencies and takes appropriate corrective action.
- Must be able to recognize any and all factors that could introduce error into the analysis. Such as if a body fluid has potentially been contaminated or collected improperly; rejects substandard specimens to maintain the integrity of the laboratory process.
- Performs quality control tests according to procedure and records data; analyses data and takes corrective action when results are outside of acceptable limits
- Performs common tests such as complete blood count, complete metabolic panel, electrolyte panel, liver function test, urinalysis, prothrombin time, and activated partial thromboplastin time.
- Prepares test reports legibly and according to the standards established by the facility; reviews reports for accuracy and clinical indications.
- Maintains a neat and clean work area; restocks daily supplies as needed; follows all laboratory and facility safety practices.
- Adheres to all Maxim and worksite rules, policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
Current certification/registration as determined by the American Society of Clinical Pathology (ASCP) or AMT
Graduate from a medical technology program accredited by the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS) or the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES) or educational program acceptable to the American Medical Technologist (AMT).
One year of experience within the past 3 years.
For further information and/or to apply to this opportunity, please contact Chelsea Hagerty at (410) 910- 2045 or email your resume to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]!
At Maxim Healthcare Services, we firmly believe that our employees are the heartbeat of our organization and we are happy to offer the following benefits:
- Competitive pay & weekly paychecks
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan
- Awards and recognition programs
*Benefit eligibility is dependent on employment status.
Maxim Healthcare Services is a leading provider of home healthcare, medical-related staffing, travel nursing, and population health and wellness services across the United States. As an established community partner, we have been making a difference in the lives of our employees, caregivers, and patients for more than 30 years. Our commitment to customer service, improving patient care, and staffing experienced healthcare professionals has paved the way for many rewarding career opportunities in the healthcare industry.
Maxim Healthcare Services, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer