GDIT is seeking a Science Logic SL1 Engineer to join our Technical Operations Center (TOC) for the National Institute of Health (NIH) Center for Information Technology (CIT) program in Bethesda, MD. The SL1 Engineer is responsible for managing and maintaining the global enterprise SL1 platform. The SL1 platform is the “eyes on glass” for monitoring technology systems and applications throughout the organization. You will be responsible for collaborating with our customers, our Technology Operations Center, and federal leadership to determine requirements for filters, events, alerts, and dashboards. You will also have responsibility for supporting other System Center components, including Configuration Manager, Problem Manager and Technology Operations Center. You will be a member of a monitoring tools team, which encompasses additional monitoring tools, such as SCOM and SiteScope.
Responsibilities and Job Functions:
- Perform administrative tasks and application support for the SL1 platform and create and maintain monitoring and notification rules.
- Review and update SL1 configuration, apply patches, and create custom configurations as needed.
- Deliver SL1 views, create custom reports on results of SL1 monitoring, and provide problem resolution for SL1 components and related custom scripts.
- Maintain accurate system documentation and provide training
- Manage customer satisfaction through effectively communicating and managing customer expectations. (internal and external customers)
- Leverage technology to create business value and become more effective and efficient
- Work with project managers and peers to understand and solve challenging technical problems and improve system functionality, reliability and reduce costs.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- BS/BA degree or the equivalent and 8 years IT work experience in a global information technology infrastructure environment.
- Experience with the installation and administration of Science Logic SL1
- Experience in application/network performance and availability monitoring
- Must have experience preparing documentation
Desired Qualifications and Skills:
- Experience using the Python scripting engine to automate tasks with SL1
- Experience with major Microsoft technologies including PC and server operating systems, Active Directory, Exchange, SharePoint, SQL Server, and Office.
- Knowledge of server virtualization technologies, preferably VMware and/or Microsoft technologies
- LINUX/UNIX experience in an operational environment
- Use/Knowledge of a Ticketing system, preferably ServiceNow
- Knowledge of computer hardware architecture
- Use/knowledge of Network and Internet Applications and Protocols
- Prior experience leading training
Attributes for Success:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.