We Are Hiring:
Full Time Retail Pharmacy Tech- Senior, Wauwatosa Ambulatory Center
Certified immunizing tech or willing to become an immunizer.
9am to 5:30pm M-F, every 6th Saturday.
$3,000 sign on bonus
What You Will Do:
- Compensation/Benefits: At Ascension, we care for the people who are the foundation of our work to fulfill our mission: our associates. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to our associates inclusive of medical, dental, vision, retirement, and generous PTO. Associates can also take advantage of other great benefits like tuition reimbursement or adoption assistance.
- Affordable Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage
- Eight Paid Holidays
- Retirement Matching
- Leadership Development: We know that the development of our associates is key to our mission of providing the best care possible to those we serve. We have various in-depth leadership programs to meet you where you are on your career journey.
- Paid Time Off: As a new Ascension associate you will begin to accrue paid time off with your first paycheck.
- Tuition reimbursement: At Ascension, we believe our people are our strength and we invest in them. In addition to the chance to have a positive impact on the people and communities we serve, associates benefit from our tuition reimbursement program. You will also have the opportunity to take advantage of one of four online universities partnering with Ascension associates seeking a Bachelor or Master degree; offering them either discounts, scholarships or go at your own pace learning options.
Perform advanced pharmacy technician duties and participates in quality and performance improvement initiatives.
What You Will Need:
- Acquire clinical data to support Pharmacists.
- Coordinate special projects.
- Responsible for auditing, quality assurance sign off with barcode scanning, controlled substance
oversight, and billing including, Long Term Care (LTC) billing and Medicare D claim adjudication.
- Serve as a resource for automation technology, training & involvement with IV workflow, carousels,
Pyxis, automated dispensing cabinets, troubleshooting, compounding, and robotics.
- Provide advanced cross-training for dedicated buyers, staff, operating room satellite, and retail.
- May monitor compliance with regulatory standards and be responsible for inventory and drug shortage management and optimization.
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- One or more of the following required:
- Pharmacy Tech credentialed from the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) obtained prior to
hire date or job transfer date.
- Pharmacy Tech credentialed from the National Healthcareer Association obtained prior to hire date or
job transfer date.
Why Join Our Team:
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required.
For over 170 years, Ascension Wisconsin has been providing rewarding career opportunities at 20 hospital campuses and more than 100 related healthcare facilities from Racine to Eagle River. Nearly 20,000 Ascension Wisconsin associates currently serve in four locations throughout Wisconsin — Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare, Ministry Healthcare, Columbia St. Mary's, and Affinity Healthcare. We provide generous paid time off for work-life balance, a collaborative work environment, professional development opportunities, and more to help our associates flourish personally and professionally. If you are looking for a rewarding career in healthcare, we invite you to apply today. Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 150,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance alone to support associate growth and development. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Ascension Wisconsin is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This Ministry does not participate in E-Verify and therefore cannot employ STEM OPT candidates.