Acts as a receptionist and performs general clerical duties in the assigned nursing department. Prepares, updates and maintains patient charts. Does initial noting of orders. Assists with processing admissions, transfers and discharge papers for patients. Schedules treatments and tests. Maintains needed supplies and materials.Under the direction of the Registered Nurse (R.N.), the C.N.A. provides safe, personal patient care and performs selected procedures. Performs other related duties as needed.
- Education: High School plus specialized training (6 months- 2 years)
- Experience Required: 1-3 years
- Current State of Wisconsin Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) basic licensure or Certified Nursing Assistant (C.N.A.).
- Unit Secretary (or equivalent) program completion or previous experience is preferred.
- Current BLS and/or CPR certification from the American Heart Association or American Red Cross or the ability to obtain certification within 6 weeks of hire.
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
- Must obtain Basic EKG certification within 6 months of hire.
Froedtert South is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.