Lab Technician needed for a
contract opportunity with Yoh's client located in Muscatine, IA
The Big Picture - Top Skills You Should Possess:
Performs laboratory technical tasks. Responsible for the care and maintenance of laboratory equipment. Will be required to offer assistance in the operation of the equipment and the gathering of data. Assists with receipt and inspection of raw materials, ordering and stocking. .
What You'll Be Doing:
- This is a Laboratory position that supports production units in a chemical manufacturing facility.
- Performs analyses of raw materials, packaging materials, bulk, intermediate, and finished products Determines conformance to accepted specifications for a particular chemical or physical property Monitors and verifies quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures Performs troubleshooting and calibration of instruments Prepare reagents, solutions, and standards.
- Maintain instruments, and apparatus according to established procedures to support testing activities of the unit Interpret results based on trends, specification limits, and comparison data Ability to conduct lab analyses and communicate with customers in a professional environment
- Specialized Skills: Troubleshooting and maintenance of laboratory equipment Identifying optimization opportunities Work with chemists on special projects Effective communication with production areas Identification of data trends through analysis Attention to detail Principal Duties and Responsibilities
What You Need to Bring to the Table:
- Requires an Associate's Degree or its equivalent and 0-3 years of related experience.
- Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Works under immediate supervision.
1 week (5 days) on each of the following shifts
Days 630- 230
Evenings 230 -1030
Nights 1030 - 630
Then one week of what we call "flex" were coverage fills in as needed as well as possible weekend coverage.
Get Hired, Apply Now!
Recruiter: Jess McKeown
Yoh makes finding and applying for jobs simple. Partner with Yoh to find the right opportunities across multiple industries in the US and UK. Find out more
Yoh, a Day & Zimmermann company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.
to contact us if you are an individual with a disability and require accommodation in the application process.