The Global Head of Data Science will take ownership of the data science and data engineering functions globally reporting directly into the Managing Director, Predictive and Performance business. They will be responsible for driving innovations in ML and engineering technology to ultimately drive revenue across different business functions globally. This person should have a comprehensive and market leading viewpoint and experience in the ML space with a proven track record of building teams and solutions at an enterprise level. They must also be commercially driven with the ability to identify opportunities and collaborate effectively with leaders across all aspects of our business.
We are seeking an individual who can come in, define a vision, communicate it and build the team and technology stack to deliver upon it. We are looking for this person to build an industry leading Data Science function across the globe that can both build productionalized solutions to be used by offices worldwide and also provide a support function to the growth of analytics globally.
- Define the Data Science vision globally, focused on step changing the internal use of machine learning
- Partner with business leaders to design and build scalable, data science solutions that will drive value and revenue in the areas of human intelligence, predictive intelligence and performance intelligence
- Responsible for building and maintaining a global data science workbench, owning cloud service infrastructure and technology vendor relationships
- Design and deploy an Enterprise data Lake integrating with existing data platforms and SDK’s. Building ML solutions through to activation
- Establishing and growing an offshore ML Team
- Build and maintain a global center of excellence for Data Science & ML, providing support and generalized resources to the analytics teams globally
- Act as the ML consulting lead for Data Science globally, working with top clients to drive innovations in pitches and projects.
- Deliver market leading data science innovation projects that land clients, revenue and awards.
- At least 10 years of relevant experience in Data and Intelligence and/or related fields, including research, advertising, management consulting, media.
- Proven track record delivering industry leading data science solutions to drive impact across global organizations
- Demonstrated ability to deliver short- & long-term strategic plans across either a global or large-scale national organization
- A leader who can inspire and help significantly drive our business forwards in the ML space. Can communicate effectively with clients to identify value and land business
- Experience building and leading data science teams from the ground up – experience building offshore a bonus
- Strong collaboration and influence skills; ability to constructively question others in order to drive and manage change
- Proficiency across machine learning, neural networks & advanced statistical modelling approaches, with a drive and ambition for continuous innovation
- Expert data technologist who can deploy ML at scale with experience across a range of cloud services, data warehouses and ML and deep learning deployment frameworks