SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 94,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
Responsible for analysis and reporting of various products such as crude oil, fuel oils, middle distillates, petroleum and petrochemicals, LPG & LNG gases, etc..
- Responsible for all Laboratory analysis (hands-on working on the Bench).
- Understand and keep current with all Laboratory safety and reporting techniques.
- Provide guidance to Laboratory Technicians to maintain proper level of training among Laboratory personnel, which can include supervisory duties.
- Complete all Laboratory reports, as applicable.
- Understand and keep current with all Laboratory analysis methods.
- Responsible for the operation of Gas Chromatograph and other Laboratory equipment.
- Responsible for the maintenance and calibration of Laboratory equipment.
- Position requires a dependable and reliable individual; whose daily presence adds to the success of the Department.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry or a related science preferred, or equivalent work experience; one (1) year of direct transferable experience working in a laboratory as preferred.
- Knowledgeable in ASTM, CPL, ISO, and other petroleum product specifications.
- Must be able to work with all chemical, petrochemical and petroleum products.
- Must be able to differentiate between colors accurately by sight.
- Position may require an individual to return back to the laboratory, other than regular business hours, which can include evenings, weekend / holidays, when needed to meet business / customer commitments.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from individuals and/or groups both within the organization.
- Ability to synthesize information from a variety of sources into solutions and work effectively under pressure while acting accordingly to the SGS standards of ethics and integrity.
- High level of accuracy is required, with special attention to details.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, while balancing numerous projects concurrently with different deadlines.
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a call back. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.