SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognised as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 94,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
We are currently looking for a Laboratory Manager to support our office in Wheat Ridge, CO. This position oversees laboratory operations and ensures optimal performance, client satisfaction and profitability. There is a heavy focus on quality and client service in this role. This position will take the lead with other technical staff to resolve client service and technical issues. The Laboratory Manager reports into the General Manager.
The Laboratory Manager:
- Profitably manages the SGS Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) business in line with budget targets and Group objectives focusing on analysis quality and client service.
- Works closely with General Manager to manage laboratory operating budget.
- Works with technical staff to resolve client service and technical issues.
- Maintains strong client relationships and delivers new opportunities by regularly visiting key customers.
- Delivers a sustainable business result that meets or exceeds safety targets, financial targets and our objectives in relation to the development and retention of people.
- Motivates and holds our employees accountable against specific performance objectives.
- Ensures we have evidence that verifies we are meeting industry and customer expected standards.
- Manages people and performance daily, acting quickly and decisively.
- Performs other duties as required.
Please apply if you meet the following minimum qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree required; chemistry degree preferred; will consider degree in business OR technical degree in other scientific fields, or related degree and commensurate experience.
- 5 years of laboratory leadership experience OR equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure and priorities effectively.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Ability to make evaluative judgments.
- Ability to assist in budget preparation.
- Advanced knowledge of laboratory instrumentation.
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a call back. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.