Medical Laboratory Technician - Helena Regional Medical Center - Helena, AR
Full-Time, Part-Time & PRN
***Up to $2,000 Sign On Bonus for Full Time MLT's***
Under the general supervision of the Laboratory Director, provides clinical laboratory services to patients in accordance with accepted practices and Departmental and Hospital standards of care in consultation with a Medical Technologist as needed. Performs additional tasks as assigned by the Laboratory Administrative Director or designee. The exact nature of the work may vary depending upon the workload and the assigned duties.
- Associate degree in medical laboratory technology (or equivalent) from an accredited two year college, or
- A graduate of a medical laboratory school or program accredited by an organization approved by the US Department of Education
- Must show evidence of having obtained an appropriate degree or certificate of completion, or
- Completed a US military laboratory procedures training program, provided that the training credits were earned in or have been accepted by, an accredited college or university leading to the award of an appropriate degree.
- Able to perform the duties of a general supervisor under CLIA.
- Previous experience in a hospital clinical laboratory preferred.
- Must be eligible to take a nationally recognized clinical laboratory technician certification examination, American Society of Clinical Pathologist (ASCP), American Medical Technology (AMT), or National Certification Agency (NCA) upon initial hire and must successfully complete that examination no later than 18 months from the initial hire date.
- Current CPR/BCS certification upon completion at the time of the next available course offering.
Helena Regional Medical Center is your community healthcare provider; a 155-bed facility with complete inpatient and outpatient care. We believe in the power of people to create great care. We're more than 75 healthcare professionals strong. We are a Joint Commission accredited facility. And we work hard every day to be a place of healing, caring and connection for patients and families in the community we call home.
Please Click APPLY to submit your resume for consideration