Troubleshoots, inspects, repairs, maintains and calibrates a comprehensive range of clinical equipment, devices, systems and instruments.
-Inspect, maintain, repair and calibrate equipment and systems
-Ensures regulatory compliance
-Provides advanced support of equipment for direct patient care
-Interacts on a routine basis with clinical health providers in the identification of technology based problems and solutions
-Solves organization-level customer service issues and complaints
-Preparing required documentation and reports
-Demonstrates a safety mindset
-Financial responsibility for purchasing parts and service
-Develops staff by teaching and mentoring others
Basic Education Requirement - Associates Degree in electronic, biomedical engineering or a discipline geared toward managing maintaining and repairing clinical equipment within a healthcare environment
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years of experience in electronic, mechanical or electro-mechanical repair in a health care technology setting
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities. As an active team member working within Sodexo Clinical Technology Management (CTM), you will partner with our Healthcare clients to manage their medical equipment technology needs. Together, we provide leadership a competent and experienced Biomedical Equipment Technician 2 looking for your next step with University of Texas Medical Branch (UTMB), Galveston TX At Sodexo, we improve the Quality of Life of all those we serve.
Exciting opportunity to work with a diverse team of Biomedical Technicians located at UTMB located in Galveston, TX. If your willing to learn and want to progress in your profession then this job is for you. In this position you will service and support a wide range of general biomedical equipment in a single-unit 40-bed healthcare facility.
We are seeking individuals who have a passion for personal and professional development that want to make a difference with everything they do; solution-oriented candidates who excel at being part of a team and customer service; demonstrate proven success as a Biomedical Equipment Technician (BMET). Sodexo's BMET professionals have:
- Basic understanding of preventive maintenane and corrective maintenance on Dialysis devices such as; Respironics 3100 ventilators and B-Bruan Space Infusion Systems
- Experience working on Puritan Bennett/CareFusion Ventilator, Balloon Pumps, Nurse Call, Critical Alerts, patient monitoring networks, sterlizers, respiratory machines, GE Philips and Siemens is a plus
- 3-5 years experience servicing biomedical equipment in a hospital environment
- Strong work ethic and ability to work as a member of a team
- Good communication and strong customer service skills
- Must possesses in-house healthcare BMET experience
- Proven success developing and sustaining relationships; team customers, suppliers
- Can work under minimal supervision of the Director, Biomedical Engineering
- Willingness and ability to receive factory training, computer training and other training provided by company to progress into higher level grades
- Required on-call rotational schedule