The Pharmacy Technician performs clerical andtechnical tasks necessary tooperate a pharmacy. They collaborate with members of thepharmacy and health care team to promote totalpatient care.
- Prepares,packages, and distributes medications prescribedby physicians
- Completespaperwork and computerrelated duties.
- Assistspharmacists, physicians, nursing and clinicalpersonnel with pharmacyservices.
- Maintainsdepartment facilities, equipment, andmaterials in a condition topromote efficiency, health, comfort,and safety of patients and staff.
- Checks equipment, suppliesand accessories on a regular daily basis.
- Keeps suppliescurrent and replenished.
- Processesprescriptions, evaluates for quality andaccurate patient identification andside labeling.
- Greets patients,verifies patient identificationand physician orders. After pharmacistsreview the order for errors or potentialproblems, technicians transcribe the relevant informationabout the patientand the prescribed medicationsinto the patient’schart
- Maintainsconfidentiality andadheres to HIPAA privacy laws
- Performs other duties asassigned/necessary
- HighSchool diploma or its equivalent certification.
- Graduate ofaccredited Pharmacy TechnologyProgram preferred.
- PTCB orNPTA license preferred.
- Minimum of one yearrelevant experience preferred.
- Abilitytoeffectively elicit/provideinformation to and from appropriate individuals(including, butnot limitedto,supervisors, co-workers, clients)via strong communication skills;proficiency intheEnglish language may be required
- Computerproficiency required
- Must be at least 18 years of age
At Maxim Healthcare Services, we firmly believe that our employees are the heartbeat of our organization and we are happy to offer the following benefits:
- Competitive pay & weekly paychecks
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan
- Awards and recognition programs
*Benefit eligibility is dependent on employment status.
Maxim Healthcare Services is a leading provider of home healthcare, medical-related staffing, travel nursing, and population health and wellness services across the United States. As an established community partner, we have been making a difference in the lives of our employees, caregivers, and patients for more than 30 years. Our commitment to customer service, improving patient care, and staffing experienced healthcare professionals has paved the way for many rewarding career opportunities in the healthcare industry.
Maxim Healthcare Services, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer