SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 94,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
Receiving, Labelling and Analyzing on agricultural samples, such as grains, feeds, meals, edible oils and to include but not limited to mineral oils.
Directly reports to the Agricultural Laboratory Manager
Dotted reporting line to the Agricultural Laboratory Supervisor
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Conduct required testing on samples such as moisture, protein, toxins, falling numbers, dockage and/or other tests on liquids and grains.
• Perform routine and non-routine test and analyses using the approved test methods and appropriate technical instruments.
• Calculate test results, log and report them in a timely manner.
• Assist Laboratory Manager and/or Supervisor to carry out laboratory testing, and compliance with QA/QC requirements.
• Verifying all relevant raw data or test information to be accurately recorded in the provided raw data or log book.
• Adhere to a group HSE Safety Procedures.
Perform any tasks assigned by Laboratory Manager and/or Supervisor.
• Adheres to internal standards, policies and procedures.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Full time 40 hours a week position and willing to do overtime when necessary.
• Supervises others: No
• Has hiring and terminating responsibilities: No
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Associate, Bachelors, and/or Master’s degree in Science relevant to laboratory technical subjects.
• Minimum 1 – 2 years of experience in laboratory preferred.
• Must be able to lift heavy items up to 25 pounds when required.
• Must be able to work independently in lab and maintain a good level of professional with peers and customers.
• Must have ability to work with computer systems, such as Microsoft, SLIM, and other laboratory equipment.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES
• Language Skills: English
• Mathematical Skills: Intermediate level of knowledge
• Reasoning Skills/Abilities: Intermediate level required
• Computer Skills: Must be computer knowledgeable
• No travel required.
• This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers and phones.
• Laboratory Equipment for Analyzing Samples
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF THE JOB
Physical/Sensory Demands Frequency Requirements:
• Stand - Frequently
• Move or traverse - Occasionally
• Sit - Occasionally
• Use hands - Frequently
• Reach with hands and arms - Frequently
• Climb or balance - None
• Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl - Occasionally
• Talk/hear - Frequently
• Taste/Smell - Occasionally
• Lift/carry/push or pull - Occasionally
• Lift/carry/push or pull up to 25 pounds/kilograms
• Close vision (clear vision at 20 inches/50 centimeters or less)
• Distance vision (clear vision at 20 feet/6 meters or more)
• Peripheral vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point)
• Depth perception (three-dimension vision, ability to judge distance and three-dimensional relationships)
• Ability to adjust focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus)
• Ability to see color
• No special auditory requirements
• Safety-Sensitive: Has a high exposure to catastrophic operational incident and has access to operations where failure could result in serious harm to public or employee well-being, Group assets, or the environment.
WORK CONDITIONS / EXPOSURE TO ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
Location of the Job: Saint Rose, Louisiana, United States
For Non-Exempt roles:
• Work schedule is outlined in the offer letter
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
o perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a call back. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.