Sign-On/Retention incentives: up to $8000*
for night shift position
Dartmouth-Hitchcock ishome to the largest laboratory in NH, providing Pathology and ClinicalLaboratory services to D-H physician practices, D-H hospital affiliates as wellas to independent practices and hospitals throughout NH and VT. Thedepartment is a leader in process improvement (LEAN/Six Sigma) which has led toa renovated space designed for efficiency of workflow. With a sloganof ‘Investigate, innovate and validate,’ our lab is:
- A high volume lab with cutting edge technology and automation.
- A culture that encourages collaboration and teamwork to future innovation.
- A place to learn and grow, and we encourage new graduates to apply for our open positions.
Independently performs avariety of diagnostic tests in the Clinical Laboratory to obtain data for usein diagnosis and treatment of disease. Performs venipunctures andcapillary draws on Inpatients, Emergency Room patients, and Outpatients asneeded.
This is a full-time,benefitted, night-shift position working four 10-hour shifts from 9:00pm to 7:30am. The night shift position receives a 20% shift differential. In addition, we are offering an $8000 sign-on/retention bonus for thisposition.
Responsibilities: A listing of the key responsibilities:
- Demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform a variety of laboratory tests in a timely manner yielding accurate and precise results with a low error rate.
- Ability to appropriately troubleshoot and resolve problems. Ensures that patient results are not reported until systems are functioning properly. Clearly communicates resolutions or next steps.
- Possesses solid knowledge, skills and theory to perform job duties in the clinical laboratory.
- Performs and evaluates quality control and instrument functioning checks using established quality control practices to assess the functioning of the test system(s). Identifies when a QC problem exists and is able to troubleshoot and resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Operates and maintains laboratory equipment according to established laboratory procedures and/or manufacturers recommendations, including maintaining supplies. Identifies when sample, instrument, and/or procedural problems exist and takes appropriate actions to remedy the issue.
- Is able to appropriately troubleshoot problems and communicate resolutions or next steps.
- Orients and trains new laboratory staff. Trains bench personnel when new procedures or systems are put into routine use. Trains MLS or MLT/CLT students in bench procedures, basic theory, and advanced skills. Helps develop teaching and training tools.
- Actively participates in the D-HH member’s laboratory’s continuing education program.
- Assist in outpatient/in-patient phlebotomies, specimen processing, non-patient registration, and requisition checks, as needed. Must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to determine phlebotomy technique appropriate for the age and condition of the patient.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and acts in accordance with all hospital safety requirements.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned.
*External hires only andcertain conditions apply
Keywords: medicaltechnologist, laboratory scientist, medical lab tech, med tech
- ASdegree and minimum of 4 years of Clinical Laboratory experience or Bachelors ofScience Degree and a minimum of 2 years of Clinical Laboratory experience.
- Minimumof 2 years of relevant technical experience required.
- Abilityto work independently and adhere to deadlines and manage changing volumes. Basic knowledge of computer software systems.
- Nationallyrecognized certification within 1 year of date of hire.
- CurrentBLS certification required within 30 days of hire for the CLS employees locatedat Community Group Practice laboratory locations.