Receives laboratory specimensfrom inpatient units, outpatient clinics, and from outside institutions.
This is a full-time, 40-hourper week, evening shift position working from 4:00pm-12:30am. Dartmouth-Hitchcock offers at 10% shiftdifferential for working the evening shift.
Responsibilities: Alisting of the key responsibilities:
- Performs functions related to demographic data, testrequisitioning, labels and reports. Processes specimens.
- Obtains blood specimens from patients. Obtains specimen requirement information.
- Operates pneumatic tube system (PTS) to ensure timelydelivery of laboratory specimens.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned.
- High school graduaterequired.
- Coursework towardcollege degree preferred.
- Previous laboratoryexperience preferred.
- Excellent interpersonalskills and the ability to work in a fast paced, demanding environment.
Required Licensure/Certification Skills: