Would consider applicants asa CLS I or CLS II
Performs a variety oflaboratory processing procedures and waived testing to obtain data for use inanalysis of samples for clinical trials.
1. Performs a variety ofspecialized processing procedures.
2. Interprets various processing procedures for research protocols.
3. Maintains a complex inventory system for stored samples.
4. Packages and ships a variety of samples.
5. Performs waived testing.
6. Operates, maintains, and attempts to correct malfunctions of basiclab instruments and procedures.
7. Assists with developing new procedures and updating existingprocedures.
8. Identifies when a QC problem exists, and follows basic action planwhen QC results are not appropriate.
9. Performs other duties as required or assigned.
ü Associate's degree with MLT (Medical Laboratory Technician) (ASCP), HT (Histotechnician) (ASCP), or the equivalent in education and clinical laboratory experience required with 4 years of laboratory experience (as a CLS I or comparable position) or a Bachelor's degree with MT (Medical Technologist) (ASCP), HTL (Histotechnologist) (ASCP), or the equivalent in education and clinical laboratory experience required with 2 years of laboratory experience (as a CLS II or comparable position).
ü The ability to produce accurate work under pressure, while handling changing volumes of work, and tight deadlines.
ü The ability to organize time and prioritize tasks.