We have an immediate opening for a Pharmacy Technician in Franklin TN
The Pharmacy Technician will be handling data entry and taking inbound phone calls from nurses and patients, 98% of the time calls will be from nurses. The Pharmacy Technician will work under the guidance of a registered pharmacist, taking appropriate actions to ensure the accuracy of patient medication files for enrolled or prospective patients and the accurate fulfillment of prescriptions for enrolled patients. They will work primarily with patient medication prescriptions and with medication prescribers. The Pharmacy Technician will ensure that patient medication profiles are accurate and sent in a timely manner along with ensuring prescription needs are met in a timely manner.
A qualified Pharmacy Technician will be licensed in the State of Tennessee and have their Pharmacy Technician Certification. Both need to be active, up to date and in good standing.
- High School Diploma required; Associate’s Degree desirable
- Pharmacy Technician Certification required
- Registered or able to be registered as a pharmacy technician in the state of Tennessee
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 1 – 2 years’ related experience. Retail or Mail Order Pharmacy Experience Preferred
- Excellent customer service, communication, organizational and interpersonal skills required
- Understands the importance of, and demonstrates a customer service philosophy
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Detail oriented with the ability to enter information accurately on paper and into a database system
- Computer Skills
- Develops a working knowledge of pharmacy dispensing regulations, data systems, and billing practices and policies
- Develops a working knowledge of standard medical abbreviations and medical terminology
Hours are 9:30-6 M-F
Salary $17-$18 hr.
Potential of temp to hire opportunity
Staffmark makes all employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, ancestry, medical condition, age, marital status, national origin, citizen status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran status, denial of medical or family leave, pregnancy or pregnancy disability leave or any other protected group status as defined by federal, state or local law. We will provide reasonable accommodations throughout the application or interviewing process. If you require a reasonable accommodation, contact us. Staffmark is an E-verify employer.