8901 - Corp Office West Crk - 12800 Tuckahoe Creek Parkway, Richmond, Virginia, 23238CarMax, the way your career should be!
CarMax disrupted the auto industry by delivering the honest, transparent and high-integrity experience customers want and deserve. This innovative thinking around the way cars are bought and sold has helped us become the nation’s largest retailer of used cars, with over 200 locations nationwide.
Our amazing team of more than 25,000 associates work together to deliver iconic customer experiences. Along the way, we help every associate grow their career and achieve their best, at work and in their community. We are recognized for our commitment to training and diversity and are one of the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For®.
CarMax is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Sr. Data Scientist, Personalization & Recommendations, will join a team responsible for developing and maintaining algorithms and analytic tools that optimize the customer shopping experience. With thousands of unique vehicles in inventory, helping customers efficiently find the right car is key to our business success. Our Data Scientists build sophisticated algorithms using best-in-industry data collected from millions of consumers as they shopped. These algorithms personalize customer experiences, help customers make decisions & help sell cars.
What you will do – Essential Responsibilities
- Design, develop & operationalize algorithms (e.g. statistical models, machine learning) that personalize the shopping experience for our customers
- Assess performance of in-market algorithms and identify & act opportunities for improvement
- Partner with teams across CarMax to explore new use cases for algorithms and bring new customer experiences to life
- Design tests and develop strategies to collect data needed to improve algorithm performance and improve the customer experience when interacting with our analytic products
Qualifications and Requirements
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Experience developing and maintaining data science algorithms in a business setting
- Experience designing and analyzing statistical tests
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with an ability to communicate complex concepts in simple terms & an ability to tie analytic results to business outcomes
- Strong results focus, project management & teamwork
- Proficiency in coding for analysis and operationalization/automation (e.g. Python, SQL/Teradata)
- Degree in Statistics, Data Science or a related field
Upon an applicant's request, CarMax will consider reasonable accommodation to complete the CarMax Job Application .
If you have technical problems when submitting your application, please contact us by phone (888) 922-7629 ext. 3888 or email [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].