GDIT is seeking a Laboratory Manager in support of the Naval Health Research Center (NHRC) Infectious Disease Field Surveillance and Laboratory Research Services. As the Navy hub for the Armed Forces Health Surveillance Center the NHRC Operational Infectious Diseases Directorate conducts on-going laboratory-based surveillance of US military populations in unique environments to quantify and study the etiology of infectious illnesses. Test specimens are collected from ongoing surveillance programs and from special investigations of febrile illnesses and pneumonia among military personnel or civilians. This position will provide support services for operational infectious disease surveillance, accredited clinical laboratory testing, diagnostic evaluations, clinical research support and scientific research services. Specific responsibilities:
- In accordance with DoN (Department of Navy), DoD regulations, and federal law, contract support staff working with Biological Select Agents and Toxins (if /when applicable) will be required to be enrolled in a Biological Personnel Reliability Program (BPRP), should such a program be initiated at NHRC.
- In cases of national emergency or infectious disease outbreaks, this position shall provide rapid assessment as they occur and provide information that can be used to develop effective short and long-term solutions.
- Maintain Good Clinical Laboratory Practices standards in performance of laboratory testing.
- Recommend changes to protocols and research standard operating procedures as needed (subject to Government approval).
- Complete on?line and in?house training related to assigned job duties (refer to the Orientation section of this PWS).
- Provide support for protocol?driven scientific research addressing infectious diseases.
- MS in Molecular Biology, Microbiology, Medical Technology, or related field preferred
' We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
- 4+ years of molecular biology/medical technology laboratory management experience preferred
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.