Materials Distribution Specialist II
Johnson & Johnson Vision, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Materials Distribution Specialist II located in Milpitas, CA.
Johnson & Johnson Vision is committed to improving and restoring sight for patients worldwide. Since debuting the world's first disposable soft contact lens in 1987, it has been helping patients see better through their world-leading ACUVUE® Brand Contact Lenses. In 2017, J&J expanded into cataract surgery, laser refractive surgery (LASIK) and consumer eye health and now serves more than 60 million patients a day across 103 countries with its eye health portfolio. Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Performs manual and clerical duties, which may utilize computers in the preparation of materials, supplies, and equipment for shipment. Typically involves distribution of finished goods to be packaged and sent to recipients.
Key Responsibilities: Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
- Pulls finished goods parts of bins using pick list and possible radio frequency device (e.g. identifying the specific part number, lot number, quantity and location of all items in an order) to fill the customer order.
- Enters orders into a computer database using a barcode scanner to scan the order number on the pick sheet.
- Packages orders to include the pick list from the box, and filling in open spaces and packs materials according to specifications or knowledge of shipping practices to prepare the package for labeling and distribution to the customer.
- Types pertinent information into the Fed Ex computer or equivalent (e.g. customer number, method of shipment) to generate a printed label to be used for product shipment.
- Examines shipment containers at the time of delivery for any damage, and verifies the accuracy of the information listed on the packaging slips, invoices, and freight bills by opening the packages and visually inspecting the contents in order to ensure accurate delivery.
- Enters Material information (e.g., P.O. Number) into the business computer system and generate receipt travelers to provide material traceability.
- Transport material (e.g., production and non-production materials) upon request using a forklift, pallet jack, or truck to the designated location.
- Receives out-going shipments from internal customers and packaged items using the appropriate materials (e.g., cardboard boxes and packaging tape).
- Records shipment information using the carrier service's systems and methods (e.g., Federal Express, UPS) for shipping traceability.
- Builds pallet configurations according to the appropriate documentation for sterilization processes.
- Schedules sterilization loads for internal sterilization and external contract sterilizers.
- Publishes sterilization schedules for Production, Engineering, and Marketing.
- Supports Sterilization validation activities.
- Records appropriate sterilization information on the LHRs and Sterilization Load Documents to provide traceability.
- Performs SAP transactions to clearly identify the status of the product.
High School Diploma or Equivalent required. Two-year college degree or some college coursework completed preferred.
Experiences & Skills:
- Minimum two (2) years of warehouse or material handling experience required
- Medical device or healthcare industry experience preferred
- SAP experience preferred
- DOT or IATA certifications preferred
- Forklift certification preferred
- Truck driving experience preferred
AMO Manufacturing USA, LLC (6240)
Materials Management & Distribution