SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 94,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
SERVICE RESPONSIBILITIES TO CLIENTS
• Ensure that all reasonable client requests pertaining to the conduct of a given test are met in a timely and ultimately effective manner.
• Ensure that all client requests for information pertaining to analytical testing (or any of SGS’s other services) are met in a timely and effective manner.
• Ensure that routine testing submitted by clients is completed within established parameters governing turnaround time, and quality expectations.
• Ensure that client requests pertaining to the development and completion of specialized studies are met in a timely and effective manner. May act as staff liaison for certain specialized testing elements performed routinely for selected clients.
• Participation in departmental and/or company-wide projects designed to improve the nature of SGS’s client services.
SERVICE RESPONSIBILITIES TO INTERNAL CUSTOMERS
• Ensure that all reasonable requests from department management pertaining to the conduct of a given test or group of tests are met in a timely and effective manner.
• Ensure that other Analysts working in the Analytical Services Laboratory receive the help and cooperation they need to successfully complete their work.
• Provide the Department Team Leader -- Administrative Support with appropriate notification of any special requests regarding sample log-in, reporting, and billing activities.
• Participate in departmental or company-wide projects designed to improve the internal efficiency and overall quality of work performed at the laboratory.
• Participate in creating and maintaining an atmosphere of teamwork throughout the laboratory.
• Responsible for performance of various routine analytical studies requested by clients as well as certain advanced or specialized studies as requested by clients. Duties here include preparation for testing by using good time management skills for each assigned task, such as confirming availability of resources (standards, equipment, etc.) and adequacy of testing documentation, proper application of test procedures, proper technique for data capture and recording, and preparation of the final report of analysis.
• Provide crucial support to other Analysts in the conduct of their studies.
• Maintain thorough knowledge and understanding of all general SOPs pertaining to the Analytical Services Laboratory.
• Maintain thorough knowledge and understanding of GMP/GLP and ISO requirements as these pertain to work performed in the Analytical Services Laboratory.
• Participate in the review process for appropriate department SOPs, study protocols, and data forms.
• Participate in the training of incoming analytical testing staff.
• Participate as needed in departmental efforts directed toward equipment maintenance, calibration, qualification and repair.
• Adherence to relevant SGS SOPs governing documentation and reporting.
• Adherence to applicable SGS personnel policies regarding time clock, telephones, sick days, vacation days, etc.
• Compliance with applicable SGS SOPs related to the handling of client complaints.
• Participation in general staff training sessions as these are scheduled.
B.S. in Chemistry (or equivalent in experience or training) required. Thorough knowledge of basic analytical chemistry principles required. Minimum four years relevant previous analytical laboratory experience required.
Demonstrated proficiency with all of the laboratory techniques and equipment applicable to the Analyst 1. In addition, is able to perform or is trained to perform specialized testing tasks in selected areas such as non-routine limits tests, spectroscopy, and chromatography. Able to write draft documentation for use as SOPs, worksheets, and study protocols required in the laboratory. Works with client procedures in specialized testing requirements. Uses good judgment in performing testing work.
Language and communication skills adequate for daily communication regarding job priorities and deadlines required. Must be able to follow directions well. Good listening skills essential. Must be able to cooperate well with others and work as part of a team. Must be capable of working with persons from diverse backgrounds.
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a call back. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.