Research Scientist (Medicinal Chemistry)
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k
Location: San Diego
We are seeking a highly motivated chemist to join our drug discovery team. The qualified candidate will have recent industry experience in modern synthetic methods and a strong knowledge of current synthetic advances. Working on our interdisciplinary drug discovery programs, they will further develop the company's technology and intellectual property. In addition, within a discovery project, the candidate will analyze SAR, propose target molecules, develop and execute a synthesis of the targets for biological assays. The successful candidate will work closely with other scientists to efficiently evaluate and progress lead compounds. The qualified individual must be adaptable to a fast-paced and dynamic environment, and be strongly motivated to succeed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute synthetic routes of target molecules, including work up, purification, isolation, and characterization of products; work on mg to 100g scale; develop scalable routes of preclinical drug-candidates.
- Overcome challenging synthetic problems; ability to troubleshoot, come up with alternative synthetic strategies, and develop innovative and practical chemistry solutions.
- Understand the goal and strategy of the project and positively and proactively contribute to project success.
- Design of novel organic compounds drug candidates using data and SAR analysis from all aspects of a small-molecule research program including, enzyme assays, cell-based assays, DMPK, toxicology, structural information, molecular modeling, physiochemical properties, literature reports, and other information.
- Communicate effectively both in oral and written form, including preparing short reports and delivering internal and external presentations in a timely manner; including for CROs and other collaborators.
- Perform routine maintenance on laboratory equipment and instruments.
- Command of the relevant and latest scientific literature in order to advance research projects.
- Organize and prioritize workload to meet timelines; investigate the feasibility of applying a wide variety of scientific principles and concepts to potential inventions, products and problems.
- Work effectively in a multi-disciplinary environment that requires close collaboration with scientists with different expertise and experience. Exhibit flexibility and adaptability as projects and goals often shift.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.