- A high school diploma minimum, Bachelor’s degree in a science field preferred.
- Laboratory experience not needed, but desired.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Ability to learn quickly and follow direction.
- Strong commitment to quality and integrity.
- Monday - Friday work schedule (weekends if scheduled).
- Attention to detail.
- Can perform repetitive tasks as part of daily duties.
- Critical thinker and takes initiative on projects.
- Good team player but can handle solo projects.
- The ability to stand for intervals of up to 8 hours while working.
- Able to speak and hear clearly while communicating with co-workers and managers.
- Dexterity in hands and fingers.
- Must have average vision and able to see to read labels.
We would like to thank everyone for their interest in ALS but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
'ALS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to achieving and maintaining a workforce which reflects and affirms the diversity of our society'
ALS is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
EOE AA Minority, Female, Veteran, Individuals with Disabilities
Click Here to view the EEO is the Law poster
Click Here to view the FMLA Law poster
Click Here to view the EPPA Law Poster
Click Here to view the Pay Transparency Provision
Click Here to view company E-Verify Participation PosterOverview
ALS provides a broad range of testing and analytical services to a wide variety of end markets and industries around the globe. We continue to remain at the forefront of the testing services industry, building an enviable reputation. ALS provides a diversified line of independent analytical services to a wide range of top-tier customers in the pharmaceutical, nutraceutical, environmental, and food industries. Our diverse laboratories perform routine and specialty analytical testing for compliance, safety, certification and verification purposes.
Under the direction of a Chemist/Sr. Chemist/Supervisor, Laboratory technicians test various products within a laboratory environment and are responsible for:
- Perform extractions on urine, blood and hair samples.
- Ensure that proper analysis methods are conducted on the appropriate sample.
- Maintain quality control records.
- Prepare both quantitative and qualitative standards and reagents for analysis of product samples.
- Maintain laboratory instruments in working order and make any minor repairs that are necessary.
- Maintain knowledge of Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) that is required to complete job responsibilities.
- Maintain QA/QC logs (temperature, balance, pipet calibration and verification).
- Participate in R&D projects.
- Handle and dispose bodily fluids as well as organic solvents and hazardous waste (training provided).
- Maintain proper inventory.
- GLP such as housekeeping.
- Miscellaneous job duties as needed.