Travel Required: Less than 10%
GDIT is hiring a Senior Data Review Scientist/ Environmental Chemist to support the Army Public Health Center (APHC) located in Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD. APHC's mission is to: Enhance Army readiness by identifying and assessing current and emerging health threats, developing and communicating public health solutions, and assuring the quality and effectiveness of the Army's Public Health Enterprise.
The Senior Data Scientist/ Environmental Chemist is responsible for providing analytical support for a wide variety of environmental, occupational health, chemical samples, supporting military deployment efforts; industrial hygiene, water quality, waste disposal, health physics, and toxicology projects, to help solve technical problems involving identification and quantification of the metals in various solid, solid-liquid, liquid and gas samples in support of the Army Public Health Center.
In this role, a typical day will include:
- Performing complex analytical data reviews of environment and occupational health samples to determine the chemical toxic constituents
- Evaluating quality control data to ensure sample data is reliable and meeting data quality objectives
- Assessing data quality impacts for quality control outlier data
- Identifying components found, concentrations, and techniques used
- Ensuring laboratory data reports are in compliance with laboratory quality system, customers and regulatory bodies’ requirements
- Working with Government Scientists to develop review standards for non-routine methods
- Serving as a data review expert
- Usage of the Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS) to manage workload and reviews
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
- BS degree in physical science, engineering, life sciences or mathematics with 5+ years of experience
- Experience reviewing environmental or occupational health data experience
- Prior experience using Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS).
- NACI (T1) clearable
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.