We Are Hiring:
Title: : Senior Pharmacy Technician
Schedule: Full Time Evenings
Hospital: Ascension Saint Alexius Medical Center
Location 1555 Barrington Road, Hoffman Estates, Illinois 60169
Compassionate, personalized care has a new name. St Alexius Medical Center is now part of Ascension Illinois
Ascension St. Alexius Medical Center Hoffman Estates- SAMC
Ascension St. Alexius Medical Center Hoffman Estates is a 318-licensed-bed, state-of-the-art facility that offers the latest in surgical services, including da Vinci™ Robotic Assisted Surgery; Level III Perinatal services with a Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU); and access to top doctors in heart and vascular care, cancer care, women’s health and beyond.
Recognized as a Blue Distinction Center in bariatric surgery, maternity services, spinal surgery and joint replacement, Ascension St. Alexius Medical Center Hoffman Estates has also received a five-star rating from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS). What You Will Do:
Perform advanced pharmacy technician duties and participate in quality and performance improvement
What You Will Need:
- Acquire clinical data to support Pharmacists.
- Coordinate special projects.
- Responsible for auditing, quality assurance sign off with barcode scanning, controlled substance
oversight, and billing including, Long Term Care (LTC) billing and Medicare D claim adjudication.
- Serve as a resource for automation technology, training & involvement with IV workflow, carousels, Pyxis, automated dispensing cabinets, troubleshooting, compounding, and robotics.
- Provide advanced cross-training for dedicated buyers, staff, operating room satellite, and retail.
- May serve as pharmacist extender in situations such as Caregiver Model of the Future responsibilities.
- May monitor compliance with regulatory standards and be responsible for inventory and drug shortage management and optimization.
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- Pharmacy Tech credentialed from the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation
obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date required.
- One or more of the following required:
- Pharmacy Tech credentialed from the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Pharmacy Tech credentialed from the National Healthcareer Association obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
Why Join Our Team:
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree
Ascension Illinois, one of the largest health systems in Illinois, with 15 hospitals and over 150 sites of care, serves over 6.6 million residents in the greater Chicagoland area. A career at Ascension means you join a team of over 150,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Ascension will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. E-Verify Statement:
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electornic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more inforamtion.