Principle Scientist – (Houston, Texas)
Apex Systems, nation’s 2nd largest IT Staffing firm, is looking to hire a Principle Scientist on a perm role in Houston.
- Under broad direction, coordinates with mentors and others on and/or frequently contributes to the chemical hygiene plan and the current HSE laboratory safety standards
- Active in the development of best safety practices in activities related to product design, development, manufacture, and use
- Applies theories, principles and practices to the research and development of new and improved products, processes and procedures
- Generally is responsible for R&D for Production and Stimulation Chemicals
- Generally is responsible for Sustaining Projects for Production and Stimulation Chemicals
- Performs routine research and experimentation at the direction of Scientific Leader, Scientific Advisor and Team Leaders
- Experience and knowledge base of both production and stimulation chemistries including respectively Flow Assurance, Phase Separation, Corrosion (Production), and surfactants, clay stabilizers, friction reducers, proppant transport, and potentially scale inhibitors and biocides (Stimulation).
- Specifically will have experience with lab testing and performance evaluations for both production and stimulation chemistries including respectively Flow Assurance, Phase Separation, Corrosion (Production), and surfactants, clay stabilizers, friction reducers, proppant transport, and potentially scale inhibitors and biocides (Stimulation).
- Document progress in laboratory notebooks, reports, procedures and designs
- Communicates frequently with technical client personnel
- Responds as directed by Scientific Leader, Scientific Advisor and Team Leaders to customers needs
- Participates in professional societies. Job role contributes directly to value creation
- Skills are typically acquired through the completion of an undergraduate degree in Science or Engineering or similar discipline and 7 years of related experience.
- Completion of a masters or PHD in Science or Engineering is preferred.
*Please note that as a contract employee with Apex Systems, you'd be eligible for Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance; Short Term Disability; Hospitalization Coverage; Direct Deposit; Weekly Pay; Training and Development Programs; Corporate Discounts/Perks and our Referral Program.*
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178