Technical Specialist, Corporate HSE
|Post Date:||Mar 15, 2019||Type:||Full-Time|
|Start Date:||3/15/2019||Salary:|| |
Knauf Insulation North America is the world's fastest-growing insulation manufacturer in the world. We remain committed to conservation of the environment and the sustainable development & manufacture of a comprehensive line of acoustical fiber glass insulation for residential, commercial, industrial, marine, OEM and metal building applications using post-consumer recycled materials.
We welcome passionate & creative individuals who thrive in an entrepreneurial, collaborative and ever-changing environment. Watch our values video to learn more about what we do, our commitment to sustainability, and our company values & culture.
Provides guidance and support to management and plant personnel regarding Safety and Health, and Environmental programs and regulatory requirements, procedure development and training, correct and timely record keeping, reporting and auditing of procedures. Participates in the implementation of the Knauf Integrated Management System (KIMS) process with Central KI Health Safety and Environmental Department and Information Technology Department. Supports environmental program compliance when required. The primary focus of this position will be Environmental with a secondary focus on Health and Safety.
• Participate in the full implementation of Knauf Insulation Integrated Management System (KIMS) at all U.S. facilities
• Develop, initiate and maintain Health & Safety programs in all facilities to minimize or eliminate injuries, accidents and workers compensation cost, including improvement of Knauf's training programs and systems
• Maintain Knauf's compliance with Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) records by managing the hazard analysis process for all new materials/chemicals coming into the plants, maintaining data entry and records, and auditing of the system for compliance
• Generate and publish timely reports as required
• Provide health & safety guidance, coaching & instruction to all levels of management and employees to improve health & safety performance and to resolve health & safety issues
• Assist in accident investigations, causation analysis and corrective actions to prevent reoccurrence, as required
• Assist to ensure health & safety and environmental procedures and systems are maintained to meet regulatory requirement
• Manage routine and non-routine industrial hygiene sampling events at manufacturing facilities
• Promote health, safety and well-being at all opportunities
• Engage management to ensure desired safety behaviors are being demonstrated at all levels of the organization
• Monitor OSHA, EPA, and DOT regulations for updates/changes, and communicate requirements to the team
• Manage required air permit emission testing at all US facilities
• Bachelor's Degree in safety management, occupational health, industrial hygiene, environmental or related field
- Safety Professional Certifications preferred
• Minimum three (3) years’ experience in a manufacturing facility on development, implementation and maintenance of health & safety programs and regulatory compliance
• Demonstrated experience with Environmental programs strongly preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Working knowledge of OSHA regulations
• Knowledge of industrial hygiene and safety, occupational health and hazard communication
• Knowledge of environmental regulations and permits
• Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods
• Knowledge of laws, legal codes, court procedures, precedents, government regulations, executive orders, agency rules, and the democratic political process
• Ability to communicate across departments
• Ability to communicate effectively across the organization
• Ability to quickly analyze information and make pragmatic decisions that will benefit the organization
• Ability to motivate others and gain buy-in as it relates to health, safety and environmental issues/topics
• Ability to work hands-on in corporate and industrial environments
• Ability to complete large projects within scope and budget
• Ability to travel approximately 30% of the time
• Computer skills in MS Windows environment; proficient in Word, PowerPoint and Excel
Special Tools/Equipment Used:
• Must occasionally lift and/or move up to ten (10)pounds
• Regularly required to climb/descend stairs and ladders
• Regularly required to sit, stand, walk and reach with hands and arms
• Moderate noise level
• Regularly exposed to fast-paced office/manufacturing environment
• Occasionally exposed to varying temperatures and dusty when in the plant
Knauf Insulation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
All applicants must be legal residents that do not currently or in the future require sponsorship.
Please help us spread the word
about BiologyJobs.com by telling
any organization you know that hires employees with a background in biology that they can advertise their open positions online at BiologyJobs.com for only $1 per day with unlimited job postings and resume database access plus their organization's profile and logo featured online. You can't beat the affordable advertising rates of Biology Jobs .com combined with the highly tartgeted traffic that your job postings will recieve compared to other online job board services.
Whether you are working on your degree, or your have completed your B.A.
(bachelor of arts) B.S. ( bachelor of science ) M.S.( master of science ), M.A. ( master of arts ),or
Ph.D ( doctorate of philosophy ) degree , and you are looking for a postdoctoral ( postdoc ) job, Biology Jobs .com has job openings posted online at various times for all levels of Biology Jobs from volunteer positions to postdoctoral research jobs to tenured professors, positions with top biotechnology companies and everything in between.